cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   @#&$%!!! (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24557)

BarbaraGordon 11-08-2008 11:45 PM

@#&$%!!!

I hate Les Miles.

What good is it to block a 25 yard fg to send it into overtime if you're just going to let your QB throw an easy pick and take the L anyway??

sheesh.

ute4ever 11-08-2008 11:54 PM

Babs if you were rooting for Alabama to lose in order to help Oklahoma in the polls, there has been a growing opinion that Florida will beat them in the SEC title game.

Meanwhile since #3 Penn State lost, both of our teams will probably move up. Man what a cool thing to be able to say.

BarbaraGordon 11-09-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 292403)
Babs if you were rooting for Alabama to lose in order to help Oklahoma in the polls, there has been a growing opinion that Florida will beat them in the SEC title game.

Meanwhile since #3 Penn State lost, both of our teams will probably move up. Man what a cool thing to be able to say.

I know Penn State lost. I was hoping for a clean sweep of the top three.

Anyway, as far as Alabama goes, frankly I'll only be happy when all SEC teams have at least two losses. I was banking on this as one of Alabama's. All that's left now is Mississippi State and Auburn. poop.

How far do you think Penn State will fall?

Archaea 11-09-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292410)
I know Penn State lost. I was hoping for a clean sweep of the top three.

Anyway, as far as Alabama goes, frankly I'll only be happy when all SEC teams have at least two losses. I was banking on this as one of Alabama's. All that's left now is Mississippi State and Auburn. poop.

I am not impressed with Alabama though. Their offense stinks, but they play some mean defense.

BarbaraGordon 11-09-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 292412)
I am not impressed with Alabama though. Their offense stinks, but they play some mean defense.

I was thinking if we could just suit up the Tide's D with the Sooner offense, that would be one sweet crimson team.

ute4ever 11-09-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292410)

That's a tough question, because the game came down to the final second and PSU was on the road. I'm just glad that of all weeks for Utah to beat #11, it was this week.

YOhio 11-09-2008 12:05 AM

Jarret Lee is horrible. Shockingly bad.

BarbaraGordon 11-09-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 292417)
Jarret Lee is horrible. Shockingly bad.

Yeah, quite a change from last year, huh? Not near as cute, either.

Jeff Lebowski 11-09-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292400)
I hate Les Miles.

What good is it to block a 25 yard fg to send it into overtime if you're just going to let your QB throw an easy pick and take the L anyway??

sheesh.

No kidding. I was screaming at the TV. That was awful playcalling. Way to choke it away LSU.

hyrum 11-09-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292415)
I was thinking if we could just suit up the Tide's D with the Sooner offense, that would be one sweet crimson team.

Gonna need a placekicker and kickoff coverage team, too.