cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home Improvement and Real Estate (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   did nobody laugh? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20398)

bYuPride 06-23-2008 11:01 PM

did nobody laugh?

I thought for sure someone would comment on my cement curbing post.. perhaps the general thought was that i believed i could get 20k equity out of a few hundred bucks worth of curbing.. and the value of my home would double in 5 years? i thought it was pretty funny, although, sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across well over the internet.. oh well.

il Padrino Ute 06-24-2008 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 233984)
I thought for sure someone would comment on my cement curbing post.. perhaps the general thought was that i believed i could get 20k equity out of a few hundred bucks worth of curbing.. and the value of my home would double in 5 years? i thought it was pretty funny, although, sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across well over the internet.. oh well.

If it will help you feel any better, I'll drive past your house to look at it.

SteelBlue 06-24-2008 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 233984)

I just thought you were crazy and deluded. Nice to know it wasn't true.

Venkman 06-24-2008 03:32 AM

I just thought you were an overly enthusiastic new homeowner. But I am going to be in the market for some curbing myself. Can you give me a recommendation?

bYuPride 06-24-2008 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 234070)
If it will help you feel any better, I'll drive past your house to look at it.

i thought i was sitting in front of you in stake conference on sunday, but then the guy turned his head and i don't think he had enough hair to be you. it was the same dude who walked in front of the camera in the 2nd hour..

bYuPride 06-24-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 234080)
I just thought you were crazy and deluded. Nice to know it wasn't true.

ha ha... after a couple days of no response i suspected that might be the case. i guess my comments weren't outrageous enough. i'll do better next time.

i'm not sure my real life personality and my internet message board personality seem like the same person.

bYuPride 06-24-2008 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 234091)
I just thought you were an overly enthusiastic new homeowner. But I am going to be in the market for some curbing myself. Can you give me a recommendation?

When I've done Home Equity Loans/Lines of Credit for clients in the past, I always thought it was funny when people would give me their estimated home value. For those that estimate 100k above the appraisal value I get, they come back and tell me the things that they've updated... I sometimes get a chuckle when they say all they've done is put in 5k in granite counter tops and that should give them at least another 35k in equity...

the guys who did my curbing was curbscape. corey is who came to put down the curbing at my house.. his cell number is 801-694-2158.

il Padrino Ute 06-24-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 234109)
i thought i was sitting in front of you in stake conference on sunday, but then the guy turned his head and i don't think he had enough hair to be you. it was the same dude who walked in front of the camera in the 2nd hour..

I can't think of his name, but I know who you're talking about.

I spent most of SC out in the foyer with the 5 year old. Rather, she spent most of the time with me in the foyer. I just needed an excuse.

bYuPride 06-24-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 234134)
I can't think of his name, but I know who you're talking about.

I spent most of SC out in the foyer with the 5 year old. Rather, she spent most of the time with me in the foyer. I just needed an excuse.

we only lasted an hour and 17 minutes..