cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is gay marriage (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24002)

exUte 10-26-2008 02:38 PM

Is gay marriage

ordained of God, much like one man, one woman marriages?

If it isn't, why shouldn't those people who believe in a God, use every means (within the law) to defeat the notion of changing the definition of what marriage is?

All-American 10-26-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 284427)
ordained of God, much like one man, one woman marriages?

If it isn't, why shouldn't those people who believe in a God, use every means (within the law) to defeat the notion of changing the definition of what marriage is?

How many activities are NOT ordained of God against which we nevertheless do not wish to legislate?

ERCougar 10-26-2008 03:38 PM

Signed,
Lucifer

How apt...

Ok, back on ignore. Is there any way to set things up so that I can't see quotes of his either? Maybe we can make a rule that if you insist on interacting with exUte, don't quote him?

Cali Coug 10-26-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-American (Post 284436)
How many activities are NOT ordained of God against which we nevertheless do not wish to legislate?

Precisely.

Clark Addison 10-26-2008 04:38 PM

To expand a bit on AA's point, I, like probably many people here, have very conflicting thoughts and emotions about Prop 8. It really doesn't matter too much whether I support it or not, since I do not live in CA, but I do oppose it. One of the reasons for this is that I do not wish to live in a society where any group, whether it is Mormons, Muslims, PETA, or whoever, outlaw things for the sole reason that God disapproves.

exUte 10-27-2008 01:15 AM

So believers should just stand idly by?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 284438)
Precisely.

I get it.

You didn't answer the question. Do you believe gay marriage is ordained of God? AFter all, that's how the 1st Presidency frames the issue.

exUte 10-27-2008 01:16 AM

So religious believers simply stand on the

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clark Addison (Post 284447)
To expand a bit on AA's point, I, like probably many people here, have very conflicting thoughts and emotions about Prop 8. It really doesn't matter too much whether I support it or not, since I do not live in CA, but I do oppose it. One of the reasons for this is that I do not wish to live in a society where any group, whether it is Mormons, Muslims, PETA, or whoever, outlaw things for the sole reason that God disapproves.

sidelines and their voices silenced?

exUte 10-27-2008 01:17 AM

So you're now comparing the 1st Presidency

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERCougar (Post 284437)
Signed,
Lucifer

How apt...

Ok, back on ignore. Is there any way to set things up so that I can't see quotes of his either? Maybe we can make a rule that if you insist on interacting with exUte, don't quote him?

to Lucifer? Trying to force the Church's will on society?

Talk about a scum bucket!

exUte 10-27-2008 01:19 AM

Let me dumb down the question even further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 284438)
Precisely.

Do YOU believe gay marriage is ordained of God?

A simple yes or no. We won't address the role of the Church at this time.

UtahDan 10-27-2008 01:26 AM

:confused: