cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor / Scouting / Survival (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   So I'm off to my first Varsity Scout campout in a few hours (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22196)

FMCoug 09-05-2008 05:54 PM

So I'm off to my first Varsity Scout campout in a few hours

This getting ready for tent camping after 10 years of RV'ing really sucks. Everything has a place in the RV and it's all easy to get to, etc. Having to load stuff up in a duffel bag, back of the van, etc. sucks.

MikeWaters 09-05-2008 07:10 PM

Wow, are you sure you are going to be alright?

FMCoug 09-05-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 262109)
Wow, are you sure you are going to be alright?

I imagine I'll muddle through.

Seriously, the convenience of RV'ing has more to do with storage and access to gear than the "comfort" issues. Tent camping is a PITA because you have to load everything up ... set up camp, etc. I'd rather spend mor etime camping than preparing to / cleaning up from camp.

MikeWaters 09-05-2008 07:28 PM

then sleep under the stars.

Not hard.

Jeff Lebowski 09-05-2008 07:49 PM

Just take them all in your RV. They would love it.

Venkman 09-05-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 262125)
Just take them all in your RV. They would love it.

That's what I was thinking.

MikeWaters 09-05-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 262131)
That's what I was thinking.

Bad idea. Slumber party with an adult. Accusation of molestation.

Life over.

He broke the rules, church provides no help.

Venkman 09-05-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 262138)
Bad idea. Slumber party with an adult. Accusation of molestation.

Life over.

He broke the rules, church provides no help.

True, the kids will still have to sleep in their tents or FM sleep on the roof. But at least he won't have to load stuff into a duffel bag.

BarbaraGordon 09-05-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 262072)
This getting ready for tent camping after 10 years of RV'ing really sucks.

That reminds me, FM. I asked my son if he wanted to go to the game this weekend, and he brightened and said, "will I get to play with those girls again?!" I was confused and I said, "huh?!" And he said, "you know...at that one game at night when it was so cold."

And I realized he was talking about your girls at the game in Tulsa, and I had to tell him that I was sorry but I was pretty sure the FMgang wouldn't be taking in OU-Cincinnati in Norman this week.

FMCoug 09-05-2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 262143)
That reminds me, FM. I asked my son if he wanted to go to the game this weekend, and he brightened and said, "will I get to play with those girls again?!" I was confused and I said, "huh?!" And he said, "you know...at that one game at night when it was so cold."

And I realized he was talking about your girls at the game in Tulsa, and I had to tell him that I was sorry but I was pretty sure the FMgang wouldn't be taking in OU-Cincinnati in Norman this week.

LOL. That's great.