cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor / Scouting / Survival (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Just ordered my first generator (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22378)

MikeWaters 09-11-2008 09:49 PM

Just ordered my first generator

Went with the EU2000i by Honda.

I have a friend that has a eu1000i, and I was VERY impressed at how quiet it was. It was hard to hear. These generators are rated to 53 to 59 decibels at 7 meters, which is the volume of normal speech.

Hopefully the power doesn't go out here, but if it does, I expect to receive this generator in the mail right after the power comes back on.

MikeWaters 09-15-2008 05:06 PM

Four year old dies due to CO poisoning.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6001700.html

Many more in the hospital.

Both Farrah and my father asked if this generator could be run indoors.

Also, in "I am Legend" the main character runs a bank of generators indoors. You can die of CO poisoning, even if your generator is OUTDOORS, if you are getting the exhaust in your home.

MikeWaters 09-18-2008 04:15 PM

So I got my generator. I'm trying to figure out what I can use it for on a campout. Besides the obvious--lights, fans, projector + DVD player.

Any ideas?

MikeWaters 09-18-2008 09:29 PM

Ok, you bastards, you have now relegated me to simply bragging that I have a nice generator.

I HAVE A GENERATOR, I HAVE A GENNNNNERRRRATOOOORRRRR!!!!

I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse however. Maybe I should have gotten a LCD TV instead.

creekster 09-18-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 267015)
Ok, you bastards, you have now relegated me to simply bragging that I have a nice generator.

I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse however. Maybe I should have gotten a LCD TV instead.

Sounds like there ought to be an O henry story in there somewhere, but I am not sure.

Surfah 09-18-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 267015)

True that. My buddy bought a Samsung LCD off Amazon and it had the best picture I have ever seen. Another friend came over and saw his picture and took back his 5 day old Sony Bravia for this Samsung.

Maybe when his power goes out though you can tote the generator over so you can still catch the game.

MikeWaters 09-18-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 267018)
True that. My buddy bought a Samsung LCD off Amazon and it had the best picture I have ever seen. Another friend came over and saw his picture and took back his 5 day old Sony Bravia for this Samsung.

Maybe when his power goes out though you can tote the generator over so you can still catch the game.

Yes. It will power the TV and the satellite receiver. True dat.

Can't power the fridge, but can power the TV!!!

MikeWaters 09-22-2008 03:13 PM

I bought a battery-powered Kidde carbon monoxide detector. Hopefullyl this will prevent us from killing ourselves with the generator, if we ever have to use said generator.

It was only $20 from home depot. Even if you don't have a generator, good thing to have. I have a friend whose sister almost died of CO poisoning at a BYU apartment.

cougjunkie 09-22-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 268227)
I bought a battery-powered Kidde carbon monoxide detector. Hopefullyl this will prevent us from killing ourselves with the generator, if we ever have to use said generator.

It was only $20 from home depot. Even if you don't have a generator, good thing to have. I have a friend whose sister almost died of CO poisoning at a BYU apartment.

I saw a commercial for your generator on TV last night. Why didnt you go with the 3000 version?

MikeWaters 09-22-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 268263)
I saw a commercial for your generator on TV last night. Why didnt you go with the 3000 version?

twice the price. and for the same price as a 3000, I can get two 2000s, which is 4000 watts.