cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Question for the ladies. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20998)

UtahDan 07-17-2008 04:22 PM

Question for the ladies.

I play a fantasy stock exchange based on movies and movie openers and am trying to figure out my play on a certain stock. Mama Mia is opening this weekend against Batman and there is some line of thought that this obvious chick flick will be an alternative to the Bat and will actually do pretty good numbers.

I wanted to know if any of the ladies here are excited about Mama Mia or if their female friends are talking about it. Also, if you plan to see a movie this weekend, it is Mama Mia or Batman or something else?

Thanks.

Mrs. Funk 07-17-2008 04:27 PM

I, personally, will be seeing Batman this weekend. Mpfunk would rather have a bad case of hemorrhoids than see Mamma Mia. Furthermore, I'm not so excited about a musical-made-movie of a production I've already seen on stage that I would see it over The Dark Knight.

Answer your question?

RedHeadGal 07-17-2008 04:29 PM

I didn't even know such a movie was coming out, and I would not care to see it. I haven't even seen Sex & the City yet, though, so I'm way down there on the chick flick curve.

I wouldn't bet on Mama Mia. I think it's probably got it's core fanbase, but it's not wide enough among women as a group. Maybe if you add in the gays. . .

TripletDaddy 07-17-2008 04:29 PM

Share more about your fantasy stock exchange thing. That sounds cool.

I think the concept of it being based on movie openings is really interesting.

Is it based purely on openings or also on other things affecting the stock price of the movie company?

Gidget 07-17-2008 04:29 PM

I would much rather see Batman. MUCH.

TripletDaddy 07-17-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 243673)
I didn't even know such a movie was coming out, and I would not care to see it. I haven't even seen Sex & the City yet, though, so I'm way down there on the chick flick curve.

I wouldn't bet on Mama Mia. I think it's probably got it's core fanbase, but it's not wide enough among women as a group. Maybe if you add in the gays. . .

easy sista.

Mamma Mia was a cool play. We are going to see the movie, as well.

All you ABBA haters can bite me.

RedHeadGal 07-17-2008 04:31 PM

Actually, the gays would probably rather see Batman, too. How tight is the outfit this time?

Jeff Lebowski 07-17-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 243676)
easy sista.

Consider yourself bitten. ABBA sucks.

RedHeadGal 07-17-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 243676)
easy sista.

I don't hate ABBA, and I haven't seen the play. You'd have to explain to me how you feel insulted by my comment for me to understand how to take it easy. You must be part of the "core fanbase." Fine. Enjoy.

TripletDaddy 07-17-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 243691)
I don't hate ABBA, and I haven't seen the play. You'd have to explain to me how you feel insulted by my comment for me to understand how to take it easy. You must be part of the "core fanbase." Fine. Enjoy.

I don’t wanna talk about the things we’ve gone through

Though it’s hurting me, now it’s history