cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   ok, so I got a warning from cougarboard today (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22904)

BlueK 09-26-2008 07:16 PM

ok, so I got a warning from cougarboard today

and I have absolutely no idea why. Someone this morning posted a question over there about what the headlines should say this morning about the USC game and I responded. I didn't say anything remotely offensive. It was just something joking about the PAC 10. Next thing I know I sign on and find out I was warned. Does anyone know what happened in that thread that would make the moderator warn everyone who was in it no matter what they said?

TripletDaddy 09-26-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 270458)
and I have absolutely no idea why. Someone this morning posted a question over there about what the headlines should say this morning about the USC game and I responded. I didn't say anything remotely offensive. It was just something joking about the PAC 10. Next thing I know I sign on and find out I was warned. Does anyone know what happened in that thread that would make the moderator warn everyone who was in it no matter what they said?

your warning should tell you exactly what your infraction was.

Also, be careful because Thibious is a hard core pac 10 guy.

ute4ever 09-26-2008 07:32 PM

The "rules" over there are intentionally vague enough so that anyone can be banned at any time without cause. Maybe you killed Thibby's Pac-10 boner, maybe he didn't like his third lunch of the day and his hunger pains have him in a bad mood.

Cali Coug 09-26-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 270458)

Did you say that the Beavers really clamped down on the Trojans?

ute4ever 09-26-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 270480)
Did you say that the Beavers really clamped down on the Trojans?

Oregon State remarks are only as dirty as the moderators' minds. A discussion about eating cherry pie on Thanksgiving has also been known to alarm Thibious, the king of Penthouse Forum.

TripletDaddy 09-26-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 270473)
The "rules" over there are intentionally vague enough so that anyone can be banned at any time without cause. Maybe you killed Thibby's Pac-10 boner, maybe he didn't like his third lunch of the day and his hunger pains have him in a bad mood.

Wait, are you suggesting that Thib is of stout stature? I have never met him, so I do not know.

If so, I would totally give him a hug.

Runner Coug 09-26-2008 08:32 PM

In unrelated news, I've been pondering a return to CB lately, but I can't decide. My wife bet me earlier this year that I couldn't go a month without visiting. I believe it's going on 6-7 months now. Maybe I'll just shoot for a year.

TripletDaddy 09-26-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 270554)
In unrelated news, I've been pondering a return to CB lately, but I can't decide. My wife bet me earlier this year that I couldn't go a month without visiting. I believe it's going on 6-7 months now. Maybe I'll just shoot for a year.

Just an aside, and in all heterosexual goodness, but you look pretty bad-A in that avatar.

Runner Coug 09-26-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 270557)
Just an aside, and in all heterosexual goodness, but you look pretty bad-A in that avatar.

Just imagine how good I look in person.

il Padrino Ute 09-26-2008 08:53 PM

My guess would be that the refraction is that you exist and Thibious nailed you.

He dosn't like anything that exists.