cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tyler Hansbrough (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7127)

DrumNFeather 03-19-2007 02:16 PM

Tyler Hansbrough

The way the commentators were talking about him on Saturday night, I thought he might actually walk on water and dunk over Jesus.

Made me think...someone outta pop that guy in the nose.

myboynoah 03-19-2007 02:19 PM

I thought the guy was amazing. I kept thinking, "Why can't TP do that?"

DrumNFeather 03-19-2007 02:27 PM

Ha-ha.

No doubt he is a good player, I just thought they were over doing it with him.

It'll be interesting to see how his game translates at the next level and if he's gone after this season.

RockyBalboa 03-19-2007 03:14 PM

Just imagined if he played for Dook how much worse it would be.

DrumNFeather 03-19-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 66257)
Just imagined if he played for Dook how much worse it would be.

Probably not that much worse.

Duke and UNC are 1 and 1a in terms of obnoxious over the top publicity for their players and university. That's why their rivalry, even in years where both teams suck...it's a bigger deal than anything else going on in College basketball.

RockyBalboa 03-19-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 66260)
Probably not that much worse.

Duke and UNC are 1 and 1a in terms of obnoxious over the top publicity for their players and university. That's why their rivalry, even in years where both teams suck...it's a bigger deal than anything else going on in College basketball.

You forget the Dick Vitale Dook Humpfest. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy had a tattoo of "The Rat" Mike K on his package. The arrogance of Dook in College basketball far exceeds every program, including North Carolina.

Parrot Head 03-20-2007 04:18 AM

I admit that I'm a Carolina guy, but I hope he sticks around at least one more year. I think it could help his game. He played much better without the mask, but he still likes to stay inside when he gets the ball and he needs to pass it back out some. Get some more meat on him and then he can take it every time he gets it.

I wonder how much these guys pay attention to what others are doing in terms of the draft? If Oden, Noah and Durant leave, plus Brandan Wright, would he stick around just to improve his chances for next year? Of course, since he's a big man, he'd probably go earlier for sheer size. Who knows? I wish I had to make that multi-million dollar choice.

Detroitdad 03-20-2007 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrot Head (Post 66425)
I admit that I'm a Carolina guy, but I hope he sticks around at least one more year. I think it could help his game. He played much better without the mask, but he still likes to stay inside when he gets the ball and he needs to pass it back out some. Get some more meat on him and then he can take it every time he gets it.

I wonder how much these guys pay attention to what others are doing in terms of the draft? If Oden, Noah and Durant leave, plus Brandan Wright, would he stick around just to improve his chances for next year? Of course, since he's a big man, he'd probably go earlier for sheer size. Who knows? I wish I had to make that multi-million dollar choice.

I think Hansbrough will probably stay. He won't be a high nba draft pick no matter when he comes out, because he is undersized. He might still be effective but he won't be anywhere near the same player on the next level.