cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Let me be the first to state on this board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515)

mpfunk 10-16-2005 02:20 AM

Let me be the first to state on this board

Utah is a terrible team. Any team that loses to SDSU is terrible.

Archaea 10-16-2005 04:46 AM

We're right there with ya

and we may give away a game to CSU as well.

mpfunk 10-16-2005 05:29 AM

Utah sucks
BYU sucks
SDSU sucks
UNLV sucks
CSU sucks
UNM sucks
WYoming sucks
AFA sucks
TCU is good

SteelBlue 10-16-2005 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk
Utah sucks
BYU sucks
SDSU sucks
UNLV sucks
CSU sucks
UNM sucks
WYoming sucks
AFA sucks
TCU is good

BYU is on a rocketship to a mediocre season baby!! Seriously though, it's been great to see a couple of wins in a row. Is anyone else flashing back to 1994 every week? When John Walsh and the O could roll up and down the field, but the D couldn't even hold the Fashion Institute of New Jersey when it counted?

Nobody Special 10-16-2005 04:26 PM

Hey the Aggies were great that year!

I can still remember Jed DeVeries standing in the middle of the field yelling into the TV camera, "WE JUST BEAT THE Y!!!!"

What a painful memory to have to live with. :oops:

SoCalCoug 10-17-2005 01:50 AM

Quote:

BYU is on a rocketship to a mediocre season baby!!
Hey, we could beat Notre Dame, you know!

Of course, if that were to happen I'm sure we'd come back and lose to UNLV, again.

HuskyFreeNorthwest 10-22-2005 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue
When John Walsh and the O could roll up and down the field, but the D couldn't even hold the Fashion Institute of New Jersey when it counted?

I often think that all those idiots on TBS are the same people that used to yell to sit John Walsh and play Tom Young. If there was a moment in my life that I learned most people are idiots it was nearly getting into a fist fight with some guy in front of me bitching and moaning at how awesome we would be if they would just play Young. I was 14 he was about 40 and told me to sit down or "step up."
Tom Young for Heisman!

Nobody Special 10-26-2005 01:26 AM

Never understood why people were so down on Walsh all the time. All he did was put up good numbers.

I too had some stupid old man that constantly bitched about Walsh. It got so bad that I turned around put my finger in his chest and told him to shut the hell up. People around me applauded and his wife was really embarassed and never came back the rest of the year. But, next week he was back doing the same thing again. Go figure.

Next year I got better seats and never did find out if he and his wife ever came back. This time I moved down by some retarded guy, actually mentally retard, not just the idiot type, that was totally just a fan. Took the loses hard and really enjoyed the games, he was fun to be around. Moved away from him too. I still hear him call into the post game show and coaches shows. Brings a smile to my face to hear him still around.

Now I sit by a pretty decent crowd for the most part. There is one guy that takes the games way to seriously though. Dudes head is going to pop one of these days at the game.