cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Metallica - Death Magnetic (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22581)

RockyBalboa 09-17-2008 03:10 AM

Metallica - Death Magnetic

Return to form prior to the black album.

Love the new CD.

Venkman 09-19-2008 05:35 AM

Heard their new song on the radio. Not bad, sort of Fade to Black-ish.

mpfunk 09-23-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 266319)
Return to form prior to the black album.

Love the new CD.

So what you are saying is that they still suck. Metallica has, and always will, suck.

RockyBalboa 09-24-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 268823)
So what you are saying is that they still suck. Metallica has, and always will, suck.

They're kinda similar to your knowledge of Baseball.

Or any of your sports takes for that matter.

You present no challenge anymore.

il Padrino Ute 09-24-2008 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 268961)

What if I said Metallica sucks - always has and always will. How would that compare to my knowledge of baseball? ;)

I'm just not a fan. The only song they do that I like is Enter Sandman and that was because the Utes used to use that as the Utes came out of the tunnel and just before kickoffs to get the crowd going.

mpfunk 09-24-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 268961)

Or any of your sports takes for that matter.

You present no challenge anymore.

This is hilarious in light of the Michel Inoa conversation. Really you know nothing about rookie contracts and salary control for players in MLB.

mpfunk 09-24-2008 05:30 PM

I guess I will do you a service and educate you on this.

It will be highly unlikely that the A's bring Inoa up until he is 20 years old, and even then it is more likely he is brought up when he is 21.

So here is how the clock starts on free agency.

3-years of service in MLB and you are arbitration eligible.
6-years on a roster until you are free agency eligible.

This means Inoa at the earliest because a free agent when he is 27 more likely when he is 28. The A's will get at least 6-years of Major league service out of him. The 25-28 year old period will likely be the prime of his career, sure you can throw out guys like Clemens, Randy Johnson but those guys are the exceptions not the rule.

Alternatively, the A's could do something similar to what they did with Rich Harden. Sign him to a contract extension during his 3rd year to avoid arbitration. It would not be difficult to lock him up at a 4-year contract at that time, which could give the A's 7 years of his services.

I guess there really is no consensus on when pitchers seem to decline, but most studies really put that from about 28 on that pitchers start to decline.

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/...rs_to_decline/

mpfunk 09-24-2008 05:34 PM

Here is another interesting study.

"From this, I think it is safe to say that the best estimate of peak pitching performance is a little more than 28. It is a little higher for good pitchers, and a little earlier for lower quality pitchers."

http://www.sabernomics.com/sabernomi...g-performance/

RockyBalboa 09-24-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 269132)
This is hilarious in light of the Michel Inoa conversation. Really you know nothing about rookie contracts and salary control for players in MLB.

And in spite of all your fellatio over Moneyball..it hasn't won the A's Jack shit in terms of being able to keep those players has it?

*Cue next bullshit dishonest response trying to back up his claim while pretending he's actually a legit A's fan before the extremely overated Moneyball came along post*

RockyBalboa 09-24-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 268996)
What if I said Metallica sucks - always has and always will. How would that compare to my knowledge of baseball? ;)

I'm just not a fan. The only song they do that I like is Enter Sandman and that was because the Utes used to use that as the Utes came out of the tunnel and just before kickoffs to get the crowd going.

No because you're not a dumbfuck that is wrong 100% of the time regarding every topic on the history of the earth like the Funkster is. Besides you like Mark Knopfler and I can dig that. :)

However if you get bored you can resort to Funk acting like Yewt "fan" in his obsession about always concerned about what BYU fans are saying and thinking on internet message boards, and then basically have no one respond in kind to him, because they see his Zootness and just smile.

But you're better than that. :)