cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Literae Humaniores (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Has anybody here studied (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18221)

Archaea 04-03-2008 03:08 AM

Has anybody here studied

Olmec or Mayan?

I wanted to venture into it, but online stuff is pretty barren. Just boardmail if you have because I can tell the Greek questions excite about two of you. Does anybody know what happened to Chapel Hill?

I wanted to learn to read this.

http://www.oupress.com/bookdetail.as...-0-8061-3839-8

TripletDaddy 04-03-2008 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 204517)
Just boardmail if you have because I can tell the Greek questions excite about two of you.

Does this mean you are finally going to stop self-fellating yourself in front of everyone with your Greek verb conjugation posts?

Mindfulcoug 04-03-2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Olmec or Mayan?

I wanted to venture into it, but online stuff is pretty barren. Just boardmail if you have because I can tell the Greek questions excite about two of you. Does anybody know what happened to Chapel Hill?

I might be the last participant when it comes to Greek thread but i always benefit from the links you would provide here ..last time i had a great pleasure reading about mysterious names of God and good laugh reading the humor part..and now i came across to the book "a letter to America" by David Boren, the president of Oklahoma University...Thank you.

BarbaraGordon 04-03-2008 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 204567)
I might be the last participant when it comes to Greek thread but i always benefit from the links you would provide here ..last time i had a great pleasure reading about mysterious names of God and good laugh reading the humor part..and now i came across to the book "a letter to America" by David Born, the president of Oklahoma University...Thank you.

I would skip it. I don't know that there's ever been a more egotistical, self-satisfied, self-important individual than Dr. Boren. No matter what the purported topic of the book, it's really about him.

Hundreds of us once waited at a presentation for nearly an hour past start time while Dr. Boren and the Governor had a standoff in their respective limos over who would get to make the final entrance into the auditorium (generally public figures enter in reverse order of rank). Finally the governor relented and came in first, allowing Boren to have the grand entrance, just to move things along.

During the ice storm two months ago Boren was more concerned about the damage to his campus trees than the fact that he had thousands of students living in dorms without power. And goodness forbid a Pac-10 ref dare call a penalty against his school's team. Hell hath no fury! I tell you, he's one odd cookie.

Solon 04-03-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Olmec or Mayan?

I didn't know there was a written Olmec language.

I have a friend who does Mayan here. I'll ask him.

Archaea 04-03-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 204546)
Does this mean you are finally going to stop self-fellating yourself in front of everyone with your Greek verb conjugation posts?

If you can have your grammar questions answered quickly and for free, wouldn't you indulge?

Solon and AA have been so kind, and I imagine I'll continue to seek their assistance, which kindness hopefully I can return. If you find my requests odd or imbecilic simply read a more enlightened post such as one of your own.

The main thing I've learned by endeavoring to learn Greek, is that the New Testament events probably were secondary renditions of the real thing.

TripletDaddy 04-03-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 204594)
If you can have your grammar questions answered quickly and for free, wouldn't you indulge?

Solon and AA have been so kind, and I imagine I'll continue to seek their assistance, which kindness hopefully I can return. If you find my requests odd or imbecilic simply read a more enlightened post such as one of your own.

The main thing I've learned by endeavoring to learn Greek, is that the New Testament events probably were secondary renditions of the real thing.

Indulge through boardmail....absolutely.

Indulge publicly....absolutely not.

Unless I wanted everyone else to know about it, in which case I would do it all the time....

Archaea 04-03-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 204595)

Unless I wanted everyone else to know about it, in which case I would do it all the time....

Boardmails get deleted, but posts are archived for future review. That is the benefit of a post over a boardmail. I've thought of boardmails, but sometimes I forget the answers, and though the wonders of archive, my answer remains there.

Again, any post you don't like, you don't have to read.

This and the religious studies section is designed for classicists thought. You may disdain classicists but you don't have to play in our ballpark.

YOhio 04-03-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 204595)

Dude, stop being a turkey, or as we say in Hebrew, a רזממ

Indy Coug 04-03-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 204546)

Instead of mocking him, you should congratulate him for maintaining such a high level of flexibility at his advanced age.