cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Question for the "husky" guys (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17440)

MikeWaters 03-06-2008 10:31 PM

Question for the "husky" guys

When I have gained weight in the past, I start to reach the point where my clothes are tight. Specifically my pants.

I don't buy pants or clothes. Ever. Occasionally I get some clothes for Christmas or my wife buys some.

So the idea of buying new clothes because I am too fat is a big turn-off. Time to lose some weight.

For those of you that gained 100lb or whatever, did you at some point say, "pants don't fit, time to buy new wardrobe". Or do you tend to buy clothes fairly often, so the bigger clothes just "creeped" into the closet gradually.

Cheapness keeps me non-fat.

creekster 03-06-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 194744)
When I have gained weight in the past, I start to reach the point where my clothes are tight. Specifically my pants.

I don't buy pants or clothes. Ever. Occasionally I get some clothes for Christmas or my wife buys some.

So the idea of buying new clothes because I am too fat is a big turn-off. Time to lose some weight.

For those of you that gained 100lb or whatever, did you at some point say, "pants don't fit, time to buy new wardrobe". Or do you tend to buy clothes fairly often, so the bigger clothes just "creeped" into the closet gradually.

Too bad you don't wear hats.

MikeWaters 03-06-2008 10:50 PM

What do you fat guys like to be called? Husky?

UteStar 03-06-2008 11:05 PM

As I said before, my weight fluctuated from 175 to 210 over the course of a 10 year span. I am now back down in the 180 range. When my weight went up, my pants became too tight so I did buy a couple of new pairs of pants. Now that I am back to the weight I was before, i just switched back to my old pair of pants. I always wore big shirts, so even though I got bigger, the shirts, for the most part, still worked.

MikeWaters 03-06-2008 11:41 PM

so Utestar, the pants weren't a fire line? the blaze jumped the line and kept on burning?

BigFatMeanie 03-06-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 194744)

The former.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 194754)
What do you fat guys like to be called? Husky?

I prefer the term fat. I subscribe to the "call a spade a spade" mentality. means I call white people white, black people black, stupid people stupid, smart people smart, fat people fat, etc.

Detroitdad 03-07-2008 02:48 AM

I gained a hundred pounds in about 4 years but only went up one pant size, so it has not been that big an issue.

But I had to buy a lot of shirts pretty much all at once. I decided that I was done gaining weight after that because I couldn't afford any more wardrobe changes, so I have kept losing and regaining the same 15 pounds since then.

I bounce between 225-240.

FMCoug 03-07-2008 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 194772)
I prefer the term fat. I subscribe to the "call a spade a spade" mentality. means I call white people white, black people black, stupid people stupid, smart people smart, fat people fat, etc.

Me too. I call myself fat all the time.

And I don't buy the postive mental attitude bullshit. I have had people say don't use the "F" word because that will derail your weight loss. What a crock. Maybe for the simple-minded. The same people that hypnotism works for.

CJF 03-07-2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 194772)
The former.

This is the reason I refer to myself as a short fat white guy. I used to use it to pick up chicks. And now you know why it took me 34 years and moving to the Philippines for me to find someone that it worked on.

MikeWaters 03-07-2008 05:00 AM

My wife tells me that my original post was rude. But I told her that it wasn't because I was including myself in the husky group given that I too reach the crossroads of pants real tight. She doesn't buy it.