cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   10 lbs... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2356)

DirtyHippieUTE 05-21-2006 08:07 PM

10 lbs...

Man... You take a month off and all of the sudden you've gained 10 lbs.

First I had to study for finals, then I had finals, then I got sick...

I have decided that I am done being sick. Mondy I WILL RIDE!!

-that is all

YardTime 05-22-2006 02:27 PM

I've lost 13 pounds over the last 3 weeks! :-)

TheSizzle36 05-22-2006 02:51 PM

What have you done Yard Time?

Please let me know. I would like to lose 20 lbs or so over the next 12 weeks or so. 13 over 3 woudl be an EXCELLENT start.

YardTime 05-22-2006 08:17 PM

The main thing I've done is change my eating habits. I have cut way way down on the quantity of food I eat. I've also completely cut out carbonated drinks. The only thing I drink now is earth juice, though I do allow myself 1 glass of milk per day, as I love milk.

I am pretty much always hungry, but not terribly so. I have also done a lot more walking lately and I'm slowly working my way into running. It's killing me not being able to just go out and run, but I get shin splints pretty bad so I'm trying to hold back and avoid injury.

My basic philosophy is very simple: Eat Less and Move More.

Colly Wolly 05-22-2006 08:54 PM

I have lost 15 lbs. in the last month and a half. The difference: full-court basketball for two hours twice a week and no more soda.

Instead of soda I drink water/juice/gatorade. Havent really missed the carbonated drinks, and my body feels better being cut-off from caffeine (former Mt. Dew addict).

YardTime 05-23-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stick It In Him
my body feels better being cut-off from caffeine (former Mt. Dew addict).

Yeah I love Mt Dew too but it's a no-go for me until at least August 1. At some point I will return to the Dew.

fusnik11 05-23-2006 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YardTime
Yeah I love Mt Dew too but it's a no-go for me until at least August 1. At some point I will return to the Dew.

When are we going to play racquetball?

I'll tell you my experience....

Two weeks ago, I beat a bonafied A player, beat him with some large runs, and dominated the pace of the three games we played....(I wont two of three)

A week ago, I played the same dude, and he dominated me for three games, with me squeaking out a close win......

YardTime 05-23-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11
When are we going to play racquetball?

I'd love to play you sometime. I don't know when I'd be able to get up to Ogden though. I do get every other Friday off so maybe one Friday I'm not working....