cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Why is the GOP pro-Clemens, and the Dems pro-McNamee (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16795)

MikeWaters 02-13-2008 07:47 PM

Why is the GOP pro-Clemens, and the Dems pro-McNamee

Strange.

I guess in a sense, GOP is about protecting powerful rich interests while Dems are about tearing those things down.

Indy Coug 02-13-2008 07:50 PM

Wrong. Liberals are comfortable with convicting people based on heresay and conjecture. Conservatives would rather have concrete evidence.

BYU71 02-13-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 184849)
Strange.

I guess in a sense, GOP is about protecting powerful rich interests while Dems are about tearing those things down.

ONe more thing the dems can point to that is terrible with America and George Bush's fault. The republicans like all politicians understand Americans will buy into that kind of crap and therefor don't want another mark on Bush's Presidency out there in the public right now.

MikeWaters 02-13-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 184850)
Wrong. Liberals are comfortable with convicting people based on heresay and conjecture. Conservatives would rather have concrete evidence.

GOP interested in slamming McNamee and then serving up softballs to Clemens.

And then you have the hacks like IndyCoug ready to jump in and support them.

Indy Coug 02-13-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 184852)
GOP interested in slamming McNamee and then serving up softballs to Clemens.

And then you have the hacks like IndyCoug ready to jump in and support them.

Then you have trolls like MikeWaters trying to make stupid generalizations and then having the gall to call out someone else for doing the same thing.

Coach McGuirk 02-13-2008 07:58 PM

Is it over or is it in recess. I went to lunch.

Indy Coug 02-13-2008 07:59 PM

If it's in recess, 10:1 they're on the monkey bars.

MikeWaters 02-13-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 184851)
ONe more thing the dems can point to that is terrible with America and George Bush's fault. The republicans like all politicians understand Americans will buy into that kind of crap and therefor don't want another mark on Bush's Presidency out there in the public right now.

Are you telling me I can blame Bush for this? That would be nice.

But frankly it's not necessary. They are enough dead Americans on his hands, due to his incompetence. A few shots of steroids in the butt are nothing in comparison.

Cali Coug 02-13-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 184850)

Did you just cast aspersions on an entire class of people based on heresay and conjecture?

Maybe you had it backwards.

Indy Coug 02-13-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 184859)
Did you just cast aspersions on an entire class of people based on heresay and conjecture?

Maybe you had it backwards.

Once again, Cali Coug misses the point. Consistency isn't always a virtue.