cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Got new running shoes today (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17158)

Runner Coug 02-26-2008 10:19 PM

Got new running shoes today

I remember reading some good reviews about the Brooks Trance around here somewhere. I tried the Trance and the Adrenaline 8's, and I ended up with a pair of Adrenalines. I really couldn't tell a difference between the two as far as cushioning goes, so I couldn't justify spending the extra $40. Looking forward to taking them for a spin tomorrow.

This whole week is going to be sweet for running. I got way too hot this morning dressing the same way I have for 3 months, so it might be time to break out the running shorts before it snows again.

SteelBlue 02-27-2008 01:11 AM

Welcome to the Brooks camp. I came over from Nike in December and I love my Trances 7's. Goose runs in the Adrenalines and likes them a lot.

MikeWaters 02-27-2008 01:15 AM

btw, my mom recently ran a marathon (she is old enough to collect SS), and had the top time of any woman age 50 and over.

il Padrino Ute 02-27-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 190157)
btw, my mom recently ran a marathon (she is old enough to collect SS), and had the top time of any woman age 50 and over.

Kudos to your mom. She sounds awesome. Whomever threw the rock through your dad's car window is lucky she didn't run them down and kick their asses.

bluegoose 02-27-2008 02:02 AM

I've run in Adrenalines for about 3 years now and love them. I'm actually just about due for a new pair.

I'm not especially prone to overuse injuries, so the cushion and support of the Adrenaline was more than enough for me. The Trance is a good shoe as well, but it is a bit pricey.

Welcome to the Brooks club. I look forward to an update tomorrow.

And btw, phenomenal weather in California this week, so Utahs have something to look forward to for another week or 2.

Runner Coug 02-27-2008 03:02 AM

Quote:

I figure if I keep running into my 90's, I will win my age group at some point.

Archaea 02-27-2008 03:28 AM

I got some Addidas. I sneaked out and ran with them. I'm supposed to wait until March 1.

SteelBlue 02-27-2008 03:29 AM

Quote:

Mike, this probably means you'd be pretty damned good at it as well. Why not give it a shot?

Runner Coug 02-27-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 190192)
I figure if I keep running into my 90's, I will win my age group at some point.

Hmm, that didn't really come out the way I meant it. What I meant was I'll only win my age group when my competition is dead. I wasn't trying to say your mom is 90. :-)

Archaea 02-27-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 190489)
Hmm, that didn't really come out the way I meant it. What I meant was I'll only win my age group when my competition is dead. I wasn't trying to say your mom is 90. :-)

I've never won my age group in anything for a long time. Not likely to happen any time soon.