cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   smokymountainrain has arrived... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13420)

smokymountainrain 10-31-2007 05:32 PM

smokymountainrain has arrived...

It's real simple...

Generally I get suspended on CB for just 1 day. This time I was suspended for 7 days so I thought I'd check out cougarguard and see what all the fuss is about.

Oh and DDD is a bad influence. Hilarious, but a I should really choose my aquaintances more wisely.

MikeWaters 10-31-2007 05:35 PM

We are the Australia of BYU sports-message boards.

smokymountainrain 10-31-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 144187)
We are the Australia of BYU sports-message boards.

in the few minutes that I've been browsing the site, I can see that.

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokymountainrain (Post 144184)
It's real simple...

Generally I get suspended on CB for just 1 day. This time I was suspended for 7 days so I thought I'd check out cougarguard and see what all the fuss is about.

Oh and DDD is a bad influence. Hilarious, but a I should really choose my aquaintances more wisely.

I got 14 days in the joint.

One thing I am noticing about my suspensions: they are getting longer and longer.....

I was caught red-handed....

No more jerking around!

smokymountainrain 10-31-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 144191)

One thing I am noticing about my suspensions: they are getting longer and longer.....

No more jerking around!

sometimes when I'm typing with just my left hand, I can't control what I type. dammit.

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokymountainrain (Post 144194)
sometimes when I'm typing with just my left hand, I can't control what I type. dammit.

I think Thibious is missing out on a great comedic opportunity.

When he suspends you, he should just send you a short note that says, "Thibbed, For Your Pleasure."

K-dog 10-31-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

It's real simple...

Sorry to hear about your suspension. I have found the moderators at CB to be increasingly lame...starting with their creation. Welcome to CG. Enjoy your stay on the board of the free.

smokymountainrain 10-31-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 144201)
Sorry to hear about your suspension. I have found the moderators at CB to be increasingly lame...starting with their creation. Welcome to CG. Enjoy your stay on the board of the free.

thanks

If I can get suspended for typing something that wouldn't even offend my wife, it pretty much confirms your comment about the moderators.

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokymountainrain (Post 144207)
thanks

If I can get suspended for typing something that wouldn't even offend my wife, it pretty much confirms your comment about the moderators.

Is Herbsandspices pretty tolerant? That is good to hear...

nikuman 10-31-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 144191)

No more jerking around!

Again? What'dya get dinged for this time?

smokymountainrain 10-31-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 144220)
Is Herbsandspices pretty tolerant? That is good to hear...

herbsandspices reminds me more of my MIL. but I'll give you a 9.5 on that one.

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikuman (Post 144225)
Again? What'dya get dinged for this time?

Donut had been talking about Millsap on the Jazz, but instead kept calling him Mansap and kept talking about his emergence as a player last year. Obviously, this was too tempting to pass up.

Sooner or later, Mansap was going to burst out

Author: TripletDaddy
Date: Oct 30, 2007 - 03:33pm
Category: Basketball (Pro)
Viewed 37 times

We all knew it was coming!

Sloan cant keep going back and forth and back and forth this season unless he wants to see the same thing happen again. It will be a mess...

He needs to just lead with a firm hand and things will be fine.

-----

I am very young, with LITTle real world experience.

stepintoliquid

enterthemeatrix

14 days. A bit harsh, but like I said before, I must be blacklisted a bit by now.

No appeal made since I was clearly in error here.

I do think it would have hilarious if Thibious had sent me the "Thibbed" boardmail. I have never been suspended by him before so not sure if he has a good sense of humor or no.

One time I got a warning for posting a pic of the ambiguously gay duo. This time, a 14 day sentence.

nikuman 10-31-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 144254)
Donut had been talking about Millsap on the Jazz, but instead kept calling him Mansap and kept talking about his emergence as a player last year. Obviously, this was too tempting to pass up.

Viewed 37 times

Sloan cant keep going back and forth and back and forth this season unless he wants to see the same thing happen again. It will be a mess...

-----

stepintoliquid

enterthemeatrix

14 days. A bit harsh, but like I said before, I must be blacklisted a bit by now.

I do think it would have hilarious if Thibious had sent me the "Thibbed" boardmail. I have never been suspended by him before so not sure if he has a good sense of humor or no.

One time I got a warning for posting a pic of the ambiguously gay duo. This time, a 14 day sentence.

There is no way I get suspended for posting the same thing. No way. I have posted far worse.

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikuman (Post 144257)
There is no way I get suspended for posting the same thing. No way. I have posted far worse.

Yes. I am beginning to think you are on the company payroll....ha!

Just kidding, I still love you.

This is the AGD pic I posted, for which I received a warning:

http://saladwithsteve.com/agcar.gif

cougjunkie 10-31-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 144254)

Viewed 37 times

-----

stepintoliquid

enterthemeatrix

You must be on the same list as myself, every suspension for me is at least 14 days. I am not sure if you were on the board last basketball season, but there were tons of posts like the following:

"KY slips to the hole and misses, good thing TP was there to clean up his mess"

nikuman 10-31-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 144261)
Yes. I am beginning to think you are on the company payroll....ha!

Just kidding, I still love you.

This is the AGD pic I posted, for which I received a warning:

http://saladwithsteve.com/agcar.gif

Sometimes I think I'm on the payroll too. So where's my check?

It has reached the point where I can post some completely inflammatory tripe about the evils of hamburgers and whip up people in a frenzy, and nobody so much as bats an eyelash.

nikuman 10-31-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 144269)
You must be on the same list as myself, every suspension for me is at least 14 days. I am not sure if you were on the board last basketball season, but there were tons of posts like the following:

Exactly. I was a very active participant in said thread. I got nothing.

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 144269)

I dont fault them for dinging me. I broke the rules. This is why I didnt send an appeal.

What is odd, though, is that Jazz fans refer to their own player as ManSap...and do so as a term of endearment. Yikes.

cougjunkie 10-31-2007 06:23 PM

Yeah its very similar to BYU having a running back with the name Joe "Get the" Semanoff

cougjunkie 10-31-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikuman (Post 144275)
Exactly. I was a very active participant in said thread. I got nothing.

Those threads were great, Waters had some good ones as did Sizzle during that time period. Man I am going to miss KY.

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikuman (Post 144270)
Sometimes I think I'm on the payroll too. So where's my check?

It has reached the point where I can post some completely inflammatory tripe about the evils of hamburgers and whip up people in a frenzy, and nobody so much as bats an eyelash.

Maybe you suffer a bit from MarkGrace syndrome...as loveable as you are, you just dont have it in your DNA to get suspended.

Maybe you arent really tough enough.

Maybe you arent really down.

You ain't bad, you're nothing....

http://www.wopvideos.com/imgvideos/grandes/838.jpg

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 144283)
Yeah its very similar to BYU having a running back with the name Joe "Get the" Semanoff

What about G Pittman? He is my favorite player.

nikuman 10-31-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 144295)

I will have to look up the post when I made gratuitous use of the word "spot" in connection with the suspensions. I expected to get dinged, but, again, nothing.

I think you may be right about my personality, though. I never actually call people names. I simply make them look silly in very oblique ways.

cougjunkie 10-31-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 144295)

G is always in the right spot, it makes my wife feel good to know that when he is in the right position, BYU is going to score.

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikuman (Post 144301)
I will have to look up the post when I made gratuitous use of the word "spot" in connection with the suspensions. I expected to get dinged, but, again, nothing.

I think you may be right about my personality, though. I never actually call people names. I simply make them look silly in very oblique ways.

I would say your posts go over the heads of most, so suspending you would require a concerted effort to find something.

In fairness to the mods, I have posted several things that were likely suspension worthy and nothing happened. I dont post them to try to get suspended, I just post them because I think they are funny.

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 144302)
G is always in the right spot, it makes my wife feel good to know that when he is in the right position, BYU is going to score.

His suspension agers me. Did we ever find out who fingered him?

MikeWaters 10-31-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 144288)
Those threads were great, Waters had some good ones as did Sizzle during that time period. Man I am going to miss KY.

Most of those were in chat. You are less likely to get dinged in chat.

cougjunkie 10-31-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 144308)
Most of those were in chat. You are less likely to get dinged in chat.

My current 37 day ban came from calling KCcougar, "KCmullah" in chat.

smokymountainrain 10-31-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 144312)
My current 37 day ban came from calling KCcougar, "KCmullah" in chat.

37 days for "KCmullah"?

wow. That makes it seem like all my suspensions have been deserved.

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokymountainrain (Post 144319)
That makes it seem like all my suspensions have been deserved.

There are 2 camps here. Those who will admit it and those who will not.

Looks like you will admit it. I do, too.

nikuman 10-31-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 144304)
I would say your posts go over the heads of most, so suspending you would require a concerted effort to find something.

In fairness to the mods, I have posted several things that were likely suspension worthy and nothing happened. I dont post them to try to get suspended, I just post them because I think they are funny.

That, and several friendly mods have been known to delete my posts and give me "phantom" warnings in order to spare me from the wrath of the evil mods.

I never try to post to get suspended, except the one time I posted something that got FM suspended 30 minutes earlier (it was a verbatim copy) to see if I really was the Chosen One destined to bring Balance to the Board. I got nothing, and I have generally been lording it up since.

mpfunk 10-31-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

It's real simple...

Oh great one of the Sloan haters is now over here. ;)

Amateur only suspended for 7 days. I'm currently serving 40 days, and El Jefe has also removed my ability to report abuse on posts. I was given 30 days on top of other things for making several reports of abuse. Of course I did this after he told me to report abuse on posts if I felt rules were not being applied evenly. I guess the lesson is don't do what El Jefe says.

TripletDaddy 10-31-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikuman (Post 144326)
That, and several friendly mods have been known to delete my posts and give me "phantom" warnings in order to spare me from the wrath of the evil mods.

I never try to post to get suspended, except the one time I posted something that got FM suspended 30 minutes earlier (it was a verbatim copy) to see if I really was the Chosen One destined to bring Balance to the Board. I got nothing, and I have generally been lording it up since.

Have mikewaters and El Jefe ever considered doing a winner-take-all rumble?

Kind of like a West Side Story thing, except at the end, nobody dies.

The singing and dancing could be tough to choreograph.

cougjunkie 10-31-2007 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 144325)
There are 2 camps here. Those who will admit it and those who will not.

Looks like you will admit it. I do, too.

I admit that I deserve a lot of what I get, however what I think that my past history does come in to play more often than not, I feel like even borderline posts are a 14 day minimum.

cougjunkie 10-31-2007 06:59 PM

here is my suspension for calling KCcougar a mullah:

here is my suspension for calling KCcougar a mullah.

10/1/07 4:51pmChatAttackEl Jefe File an appeal
Description: "johnny lingo was banned for life for calling waters a troll, i bet nothing happens to kcmullah"
Comments: Complaining about the moderators (that was completely false, by the way), as well as the "kcmullah" attack
Suspension: The moderator gave a 30-day suspension associated with this penalty.

I recieved 7 more days on top of that, for starting a thread saying MPfunk was lowclass.

dut99002 11-06-2007 03:37 PM

I remember when you posted the Ambiguously Gay Duo pick (of their car I think it was). I went in to reply to it and next thing I know it was gone.

WendyCoug 11-07-2007 02:42 AM

I feel pretty.

Why can't they fight to the death like West Side Story? You'd get a lot more spectators that way.
I don't know who this El Jefe is but I don't like the sound of him. Long live MikeWaters.
Wait...who are Sharks and who are Jets?
I can't even believe there are mormon trolls.
Also, "pic".

NorCal Cat 12-12-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 144199)
I think Thibious is missing out on a great comedic opportunity.

When he suspends you, he should just send you a short note that says, "Thibbed, For Your Pleasure."

Ah yes, Thibious. What a douche bag.

NorCal Cat 12-12-2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikuman (Post 144326)

Are you Jefe's secret lover or something?