cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Has utefans.net overtaken cougarboard? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23297)

ewth8tr 10-04-2008 06:33 PM

Has utefans.net overtaken cougarboard?

In the idiot percentage? I'd say yes. This post got me a -7, lol.

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=686879

cougjunkie 10-04-2008 06:35 PM

[quote=ewth8tr;274867]In the idiot percentage? I'd say yes. This post got me a -7, lol.

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=686879[/quote]

The board that bitches about censorship is the most censored message board on the web. They can sure dish it out but they cant take shit and that includes some Ute posters on here.

mpfunk 10-04-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewth8tr (Post 274867)

I don't think it has but it sure has been overrun by idiots.

ewth8tr 10-04-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 274870)
I don't think it has but it sure has been overrun by idiots.

It's certainly a much closer race now, that's for sure.

mpfunk 10-04-2008 06:45 PM

[quote=cougjunkie;274869]
Quote:

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=686879[/quote]

The board that bitches about censorship is the most censored message board on the web. They can sure dish it out but they cant take shit and that includes some Ute posters on here.

I hate the star system that webmonkey created on the site and I have told him that. I wish that he would change it. You have xx97 to thank for the changes and the denigration of the board. He has done more to ruin that board than anyone else.

ewth8tr 10-04-2008 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=mpfunk;274873]
Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 274869)

I hate the star system that webmonkey created on the site and I have told him that. I wish that he would change it. You have xx97 to thank for the changes and the denigration of the board. He has done more to ruin that board than anyone else.

does he still post there? He finally gave up on cougarboard.

MikeWaters 10-04-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 274873)

I think the reputation system on this board is pretty accurate.

DrumNFeather 10-04-2008 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=mpfunk;274873]
Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 274869)

Crimson was allowed to do whatever he wanted on that board, which, I think lead to the current culture on that board...now he's gone (allegedly). It also seems like several of the guys on that board have had their marraiges fall apart, which is certainly not a cause and effect thing, just kind of interesting I suppose.

il Padrino Ute 10-04-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

The number of idiots on utefans has increased exponentially. All of the zoots who were never fans before Meyer was there all of a sudden have shown up and ruined a great board.

I'd still argue that CB has more even without having been there for a long time simply because there are more Cougar fans out there.

The big difference is that zoots became intolerable weasels at a much faster rate than zoobs became intolerable weasels. That is why Goatnapper's theorem is now Goatnapper's Law.

RockyBalboa 10-04-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 274907)
The number of idiots on utefans has increased exponentially. All of the zoots who were never fans before Meyer was there all of a sudden have shown up and ruined a great board.

I'd still argue that CB has more even without having been there for a long time simply because there are more Cougar fans out there.

The big difference is that zoots became intolerable weasels at a much faster rate than zoobs became intolerable weasels. That is why Goatnapper's theorem is now Goatnapper's Law.

I also think it has to do with the increasing level of venom and anger that Yewt "fans" feel directed towards Bronco and BYU in general. I've said it several times,,,Bronco is the greatest troll in history, he gets the ire of Yewt "fans" up like no one I've ever seen in BYU history.

I know many Yewt "fans" will disagree with me, but I simply don't believe that the level of anger and outright nastiness is the same, while you'll certainly see some BYU fans act the same, the level of anger, mean spirited-ness and bitterness of one towards the other is just simply not on the same level.

Just my opinion.

UtahDan 10-05-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

No, they are equally unreadable in general.

Colly Wolly 10-05-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 274920)
I know many Yewt "fans" will disagree with me, but I simply don't believe that the level of anger and outright nastiness is the same, while you'll certainly see some BYU fans act the same, the level of anger, mean spirited-ness and bitterness of one towards the other is just simply not on the same level.

Just my opinion.

Agree 100%. It's mostly jealousy.

mpfunk 10-05-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

I also think it has to do with the increasing level of venom and anger that Yewt "fans" feel directed towards Bronco and BYU in general. I've said it several times,,,Bronco is the greatest troll in history, he gets the ire of Yewt "fans" up like no one I've ever seen in BYU history.

Just my opinion.

Have you never read how much venom people spew about Whittingham on cougarboard. Do you just ignore WhistlePig (aka BYU Bill @kk)?

RockyBalboa 10-05-2008 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 275002)
Have you never read how much venom people spew about Whittingham on cougarboard. Do you just ignore WhistlePig (aka BYU Bill @kk)?

I have to admit I didn't see a response from the Funkster coming.

il Padrino Ute 10-05-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Just my opinion.

I can agree that the pinheads that hate Mendenhall are spewing some serious venom. They don't like the fact that he has had some great success thus far. Of course, a lot of the bitterness is the anti-Mormon crowd that want to use the rivalry to bash the LDS church. Those weasels are not Utah fans, but Mormon haters. Throw those out and a vast majority of the hatred is gone.

That said, I will always believe that the dickheads BYU fans hate Utah just as much. You may not notice it because you don't wear red when the two teams play.

BoylenOver 10-05-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

If I hadn't unchecked rivalry smack, I wouldn't have been able to stand that board.

UtahDan 10-05-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Just my opinion.

I don't personally feel anything toward Bronco, but I do think you are correct. I think there are a segment of Ute fans who can't take the way that Bronco does things combined with the fact that he wins. It is a variation on the hate a segment of BYU fans had for Majerus.

I respect Bronco and what he has accomplished though of course I never want him to beat Utah.

ute4ever 11-23-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 274907)

Can we expect a second wave in 2009, now that Utah has gone from BCS Buster to BCS Regular?

Venkman 11-23-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 275082)
I can agree that the pinheads that hate Mendenhall are spewing some serious venom. They don't like the fact that he has had some great success thus far. Of course, a lot of the bitterness is the anti-Mormon crowd that want to use the rivalry to bash the LDS church. Those weasels are not Utah fans, but Mormon haters. Throw those out and a vast majority of the hatred is gone.

That said, I will always believe that the dickheads BYU fans hate Utah just as much. You may not notice it because you don't wear red when the two teams play.

I don't know, Il Pad. Most of the BYU fans who hate "Utah", actually hate ute "fans", specifically, the 50% or so who despise BYU and the LDS church.

They're reacting in kind, but very few Y fans have real animosity to the UofU as an institution. You take away the mormon hater faction, and the level of venom will come down on both sides.

MikeWaters 11-23-2008 08:33 PM

In my limited experience of meeting Ute fans and alums, their level of hate for BYU is an order of magnitude larger than BYU fans' hate for Utah.

il Padrino Ute 11-23-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 296072)
Can we expect a second wave in 2009, now that Utah has gone from BCS Buster to BCS Regular?

Unfortunately, yes.

il Padrino Ute 11-23-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 296073)
I don't know, Il Pad. Most of the BYU fans who hate "Utah", actually hate ute "fans", specifically, the 50% or so who despise BYU and the LDS church.

They're reacting in kind, but very few Y fans have real animosity to the UofU as an institution. You take away the mormon hater faction, and the level of venom will come down on both sides.

We're actually saying the same things about the alleged Ute fans. I say alleged, because they only care about the Utes one game a year and they don't even care about the Utes. They just hate Mormons and use the rivalry as a forum to do their bashing.

I understand what you're saying about Y fans that hate Utah, but idiot fans are a two way street. If no zoobs existed, the hatred for BYU would plummet.

il Padrino Ute 11-23-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 296075)
In my limited experience of meeting Ute fans and alums, their level of hate for BYU is an order of magnitude larger than BYU fans' hate for Utah.

If you had been raised in Utah, you would have a better understanding of the rivalry and realize how you're limited experience doesn't qualify you to comment on it.

MikeWaters 11-23-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 296082)
If you had been raised in Utah, you would have a better understanding of the rivalry and realize how you're limited experience doesn't qualify you to comment on it.

in other words, I am not provincial enough. Fair enough.

Venkman 11-23-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 296081)
We're actually saying the same things about the alleged Ute fans. I say alleged, because they only care about the Utes one game a year and they don't even care about the Utes. They just hate Mormons and use the rivalry as a forum to do their bashing.

I understand what you're saying about Y fans that hate Utah, but idiot fans are a two way street. If no zoobs existed, the hatred for BYU would plummet.

True, idiot fans are a two way street, but zoobs and the LDS church aren't the same thing. Hell, I hate zoobs myself (though some accuse me of being one), but the Mormon haters would hate BYU, zoobs or no zoobs. I guess what I'm saying is your guys started it. ;)

il Padrino Ute 11-23-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 296083)
in other words, I am not provincial enough. Fair enough.

If you want to state it that way to make yourself feel better, than you are correct.

SeattleUte 11-24-2008 02:50 AM

Nobody likes BYU. Ute fans aren't unique in that regard. We've discussed that BYU will never be invited to the Pac 10 simply because the Pac 10 titans don't like BYU. No other reason. Utahns who are outside Mormonism feel particularly oppressed, however. Here's a tip. If you realize lots and lots of people don't like you, don't just assume they're bad people and you're misunderstood or unfairly treated. Do some reflecting.

SeattleUte 11-24-2008 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 296084)
zoobs and the LDS church aren't the same thing.

Yes they are.

il Padrino Ute 11-24-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 296089)
Yes they are.

No, they aren't.

Ma'ake 12-28-2008 02:37 PM

Zoobs unchastened are the worst form of sports fans.

The Tater Zoobs (Boise) are a secular variant of zoob arrogance, complete with hideous turf.