cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ducks loss: best part (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13964)

SeattleUte 11-16-2007 05:11 AM

ducks loss: best part

We no lomger have to get posts from huskyfreenorthwest every one having a subtext about the ducks.

none of us gives a hoot about the ducks, but didn't you just know in your heart they weren't the real thing?

MikeWaters 11-16-2007 05:21 AM

Belloti is a scumbag. I feel bad for Dixon, but hey karma is what it is.

il Padrino Ute 11-16-2007 05:24 AM

Agreed about Belotti.

Feel badly for Dixon, as all injuries suck.

No tears for Oregon playing itself out of the fake national championship. It's always good to see BCS teams choke away their chances at winning their own prize.

TripletDaddy 11-16-2007 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 151354)
We no lomger have to get posts from huskyfreenorthwest every one having a subtext about the ducks.

none of us gives a hoot about the ducks, but didn't you just know in your heart they weren't the real thing?

I know the feeling. it is like your posts, each with a subtext about the Church...

Tex 11-16-2007 01:02 PM

Count me in on the hate-Belotti wagon as well.

RockyBalboa 11-16-2007 02:03 PM

I find it amazing that all these years Oregon has been able to get away with multiple and continuous recruiting violations.

They are the worst kept secret in college football in that regard and yet they still find a way to get around it.

Of course this is where the delusion and in denial Ducks fans start in with the "show me proof" chiming.

Indy Coug 11-16-2007 02:14 PM

Maybe that's why Crowton left. He saw what kind of crap they were up to and decided to get out before their antics caught up with them.

jay santos 11-16-2007 02:17 PM

I think it's too bad Pac 10 and Big 10 is not sending anyone to the BCS championship game. That pisses the SEC and Big XII off to no end to see their teams lose in their conf champ game and then see a conf w/o a champ game sending their team to BCS championship.

MikeWaters 11-16-2007 02:19 PM

Oklahoma could lose to TT or OSU, while Kansas loses to Missouri. Then Missouri loses to OU in the Big12 championship.

Big 12 could get shut out (though unlikely).

jay santos 11-16-2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 151395)
Oklahoma could lose to TT or OSU, while Kansas loses to Missouri. Then Missouri loses to OU in the Big12 championship.

Big 12 could get shut out (though unlikely).

Yeah unlikely. Probably the most likely scenario for my wish is for LSU to lose and for West Virginia to move up to play the Big XII champ in BCS champ game.

MikeWaters 11-16-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 151403)
Yeah unlikely. Probably the most likely scenario for my wish is for LSU to lose and for West Virginia to move up to play the Big XII champ in BCS champ game.

One loss Missouri against West Virginia. That would be good.

All-American 11-16-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 151389)
Maybe that's why Crowton left. He saw what kind of crap they were up to and decided to get out before their antics caught up with them.

I thought it had a little something to do with the fact that his offenses were stagnating and he left before he could get fired, while his stock was still high.

Indy Coug 11-16-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-American (Post 151428)
I thought it had a little something to do with the fact that his offenses were stagnating and he left before he could get fired, while his stock was still high.

You mean stagnating like finishing in the top 10 in total offense in 2006?

All-American 11-16-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 151438)
You mean stagnating like finishing in the top 10 in total offense in 2006?

I mean stagnating like scoring 8 points against BYU and losing in the prestigious Las Vegas Bowl.

MikeWaters 11-16-2007 04:04 PM

The shot of Dixon crying:

It's tough to lose all in one play:

1. National championship
2. Heisman trophy
3. Higher draft status

That injury was the most costly I have seen in a long time.

mpfunk 11-16-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 151380)
I find it amazing that all these years Oregon has been able to get away with multiple and continuous recruiting violations.

They are the worst kept secret in college football in that regard and yet they still find a way to get around it.

Of course this is where the delusion and in denial Ducks fans start in with the "show me proof" chiming.

Do you honestly believe the Ducks are any worse than your run of the mill SEC team?

mpfunk 11-16-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 151389)

I'm assuming this post is TIC right? He went to an SEC team, which by definition means he went to a team that cheats.

Indy Coug 11-16-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-American (Post 151456)
I mean stagnating like scoring 8 points against BYU and losing in the prestigious Las Vegas Bowl.

Yeah, one game doth a season make.

Indy Coug 11-16-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 151462)
I'm assuming this post is TIC right? He went to an SEC team, which by definition means he went to a team that cheats.

One thing that definitely helped him decide to leave was the internal struggles building up between him and Bellotti about the QB situation, culminating in Crowton wanting to bench a hungover Leaf for the LV Bowl and being overruled by Bellotti.

HuskyFreeNorthwest 11-16-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 151354)

Funny post for someone who doesn't care.

All-American 11-16-2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 151464)
Yeah, one game doth a season make.

Perhaps not one, but six games just may doth. Cal, Washington State, USC, Arizona, Oregon State, AND BYU. Those six games, and especially that four-game losing streak at the end-- it smells like a let-down, wouldn't you say? Not to mention the fact that in three of the four games, they failed to score more than 20 points, and in two of the last three, they couldn't crack more than 10. I'd say Crowton shoulders at least SOME of the blame for that.

HuskyFreeNorthwest 11-16-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 151363)
I know the feeling. it is like your posts, each with a subtext about the Church...

LOL, of course Seattle Ute doesn't get on MikeWaters for his A&M posts that none of us care about. How dare anyone post about football in the football section of the board? Clearly he is a bitter guy about a lot of things, I guess I did something to make him bitter to me.

SeattleUte 11-16-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest (Post 151477)
LOL, of course Seattle Ute doesn't get on MikeWaters for his A&M posts that none of us care about. How dare anyone post about football in the football section of the board? Clearly he is a bitter guy about a lot of things, I guess I did something to make him bitter to me.

Listen to HuskyFreeNorthwest. Who's bitter? Just look at his board name. More than a duck fan, he's obsessed with the Huskies, which is typical of all ducks. What if my board name was genocideforallcougars? That would speak volumes, wouldn't it. There's nothing wrong with the ducks except their fans, who are insufferable.

jxncoog 11-16-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 151403)

the prospect of LSU losing is valid. SEC is tough. I'd love to see Pac-10 and Big X(I) shut out of the bcs championship. Kansas needs to win out!

HuskyFreeNorthwest 11-16-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 151482)
Listen to HuskyFreeNorthwest. Who's bitter? Just look at his board name. More than a duck fan, he's obsessed with the Huskies, which is typical of all ducks. What if my board name was genocideforallcougars? That would speak volumes, wouldn't it. There's nothing wrong with the ducks except their fans, who are insufferable.

HAHAHA

You know a lot about me don't you. I guess I could explain that the reason I have this board name was that before I had even attended a game, day of school anything at Oregon I was talking with my mission president (I am sure I will be mocked by you for staying in touch with my mission president) who played football at Washington and whose son used to post a lot on CB. When I told my MP that I was moving to Oregon and going to school there, a couple of days later I got in the mail from him a bumber sticker that said I support a Husky Free Northwest, along with a note that said if you are going to the University of Oregon you better learn about the rivalry. Since I knew his son was on CB I chose that for a moniker there. Rather than use a different one here I stayed with the same one.

But like I said you know a lot about me, and make some great sweeping generalizations. Like I said you are a bitter person, I find it funny that all I have done to you is choose an internet moniker that has nothing to do with you.

creekster 11-16-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest (Post 151487)
HAHAHA

You know a lot about me don't you. I guess I could explain that the reason I have this board name was that before I had even attended a game, day of school anything at Oregon I was talking with my mission president (I am sure I will be mocked by you for staying in touch with my mission president) who played football at Washington and whose son used to post a lot on CB. When I told my MP that I was moving to Oregon and going to school there, a couple of days later I got in the mail from him a bumber sticker that said I support a Husky Free Northwest, along with a note that said if you are going to the University of Oregon you better learn about the rivalry. Since I knew his son was on CB I chose that for a moniker there. Rather than use a different one here I stayed with the same one.

But like I said you know a lot about me, and make some great sweeping generalizations. Like I said you are a bitter person, I find it funny that all I have done to you is choose an internet moniker that has nothing to do with you.

DOn't get worked up. He's just trolling and is still new to this idea of actually watching teams from one's school. Just the other day, at his advanced age, he excitedly told us all how he had (finally?) seen the utes play in person. Of course, they were playing against the Huskies and he was rooting against the huskies, which kind of undermines his point here, but why let something like that stop you on an internet board, eh?

RockyBalboa 11-16-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 151461)
Do you honestly believe the Ducks are any worse than your run of the mill SEC team?

I think they are easily just as bad, and in some cases probably worse.

mpfunk 11-16-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 151495)
I think they are easily just as bad, and in some cases probably worse.

I don't think that all the stories on TBS from fans bitter that Oregon got some recruits that BYU wanted constitute evidence. They may be equal to the SEC, but it isn't even possible to be worse.

SeattleUte 11-16-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest (Post 151487)
HAHAHA

I didn't think you made the term up. Like I said, all duck fans are uncannily the same. It's a mass inferiority complex.

SeattleUte 11-16-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 151494)
DOn't get worked up. He's just trolling and is still new to this idea of actually watching teams from one's school. Just the other day, at his advanced age, he excitedly told us all how he had (finally?) seen the utes play in person. Of course, they were playing against the Huskies and he was rooting against the huskies, which kind of undermines his point here, but why let something like that stop you on an internet board, eh?

No, I'm an old hand at following teams. This is how I can discern a fan base's mass psychology so well.

HuskyFreeNorthwest 11-16-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 151498)
I didn't think you made the term up. Like I said, all duck fans are uncannily the same. It's a mass inferiority complex.

True if only all schools could be like Utah and show class towards their rival fan base. That is what the term zoob means right? Pure class.

RockyBalboa 11-16-2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 151496)
I don't think that all the stories on TBS from fans bitter that Oregon got some recruits that BYU wanted constitute evidence. They may be equal to the SEC, but it isn't even possible to be worse.

It's cute for you to assume that you know where and how I find out all the info.

Of course if I really wanted to piss you off I could go on about how easily the U basketball program got off with the slap on the wrist they received during Big Rick's tenure, but I don't want to worry you with factual reality in regards to their SEC style of violations with their Bball program or a couple of the academically ineligible players that were still on the field for Utah during their Fiesta Bowl run, as you probably couldn't handle the truth anyway. You never have been able to as you fixate on BYU fans opinions and your endless posts on them.

mpfunk 11-16-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 151501)
It's cute for you to assume that you know where and how I find out all the info.

Of course if I really wanted to piss you off I could go on about how easily the U basketball program got off with the slap on the wrist they received during Big Rick's tenure, but I don't want to worry you with factual reality in regards to their SEC style of violations with their Bball program or a couple of the academically ineligible players that were still on the field for Utah during their Fiesta Bowl run, as you probably couldn't handle the truth anyway. You never have been able to as you fixate on BYU fans opinions and your endless posts on them.

Yes horrible Rick Majerus and those milk and cookies. People don't realize that the reason the SEC gets all the best recruits is promised milk and cookies during film sessions. Plus I hear that Urban Meyer got Tim Tebow by promising that if his Dad ever died while he was attending Florida that he would take him out for hamburger. Utah really should have got the death penalty for these terrible acts of Rick Majerus. Utah got significantly worse than it deserved for what Rick Majerus did.

By the way, I'm well aware that Steve Savoy shouldn't have been academically eligible for the Fiesta Bowl. I am well aware there was no way in Hell he was coming back to Utah, because there was no chance the Utes could get him qualified.

HuskyFreeNorthwest 11-16-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 151508)
Plus I hear that Urban Meyer got Tim Tebow by promising that if his Dad ever died while he was attending Florida that he would take him out for hamburger.

Bacon Cheeseburger, get your facts straight.

RockyBalboa 11-16-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 151508)
Yes horrible Rick Majerus and those milk and cookies. People don't realize that the reason the SEC gets all the best recruits is promised milk and cookies during film sessions. Plus I hear that Urban Meyer got Tim Tebow by promising that if his Dad ever died while he was attending Florida that he would take him out for hamburger. Utah really should have got the death penalty for these terrible acts of Rick Majerus. Utah got significantly worse than it deserved for what Rick Majerus did.

By the way, I'm well aware that Steve Savoy shouldn't have been academically eligible for the Fiesta Bowl. I am well aware there was no way in Hell he was coming back to Utah, because there was no chance the Utes could get him qualified.

What Rick did goes way beyond Milk and Cookies, but that's okay, I applaud him for being good enough at getting away with it and for being a great coach. You'll only read in this paragraph..."BYU fans are jealous, blah, blah, Milk and Cookies, blah, blah".

Steve Savoy is just the tip of the iceberg. There were a couple of other academically ineligible players playing as well...and it wasn't just for the Fiesta Bowl. There were 3 significant contributors that played almost the entire season academically ineligible. But hey..hats off to Meyer, he's a great coach and knew how to win and I don't take away from his accomplishments on the field.

In any event, you're much cuter when you stick to being the Funk that everybody knows and loves and pretends to act like he's a P.C. Champion for social issues, sports and other items and pretending like you actually care(i.e. the Notre Dame/Black Coach thing for starters) or when you fixate on what BYU fans think about every single thing. Life would be easier for you if you quit being fake about caring about things you really don't.

When you and I have debated about anything, yes literally anything, you've been wrong every single time. Never have I ever had an easier time consistently kicking someone's ass in this regard than yours. Thanks for entertaining me and being my bitch at the same time.

JohnnyLingo 11-16-2007 06:47 PM

mpfunk is a zoot. He'll defend anything Utah to his deathbed.

mpfunk 11-16-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 151528)
What Rick did goes way beyond Milk and Cookies, but that's okay, I applaud him for being good enough at getting away with it and for being a great coach. You'll only read in this paragraph..."BYU fans are jealous, blah, blah, Milk and Cookies, blah, blah".

Steve Savoy is just the tip of the iceberg. There were a couple of other academically ineligible players playing as well...and it wasn't just for the Fiesta Bowl. There were 3 significant contributors that played almost the entire season academically ineligible. But hey..hats off to Meyer, he's a great coach and knew how to win and I don't take away from his accomplishments on the field.

In any event, you're much cuter when you stick to being the Funk that everybody knows and loves and pretends to act like he's a P.C. Champion for social issues, sports and other items and pretending like you actually care(i.e. the Notre Dame/Black Coach thing for starters) or when you fixate on what BYU fans think about every single thing. Life would be easier for you if you quit being fake about caring about things you really don't.

When you and I have debated about anything, yes literally anything, you've been wrong every single time. Never have I ever had an easier time consistently kicking someone's ass in this regard than yours. Thanks for entertaining me and being my bitch at the same time.

Yep as usual you can't just disagree you have to make if personal. Good job in being consistent. Now in a couple weeks you just need to post how you are need to change.

MikeWaters 11-16-2007 07:09 PM

who do yall think is going to be the new A&M coach?

mpfunk 11-16-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 151501)

By the way you have amazing knowledge of the Utah Athletics program for someone who has no connection to it. Apparently you know more about what happened with the Utes basketball program than the NCAA. Everything that is in the NCAA report was minor. Half the rules Majerus broke are things that shouldn't even be rules. Utah deserved a slap on the wrist, and got a lot more than that. Utah had fewer campus visits and fewer scholarships. It did hurt the basketball program. Some of the Utes depth issues right now are because of the bullshit penalties.

A-Train 11-16-2007 07:13 PM

Isn't Belotti LDS?

I heard that either he was or his wife was or something like that. I think he might have been baptized by Lionel Ritchie too. As for the next A&M coach, I could see them poaching from within the big 12 like maybe going after Jabba the Hut at Kansas or Pinkel from Mizzou.