cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lakers vs Jazz tonight (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14496)

Surfah 11-30-2007 05:36 PM

Lakers vs Jazz tonight

Wish I were going, but the best seat is on my couch anyway. Should be a good game. I'm glad the starters got some rest last night after demolishing Denver in a game they were down by 17.

JohnnyLingo 11-30-2007 05:41 PM

Go Jazz go! Kobe will go for 45 and not involve the rest of his team. They'll stop cutting and setting picks and doing the stuff that makes the Lakers so dangerous.

Jazz will execute as a team, Deron will have 12+ assists, Boozer will have another double-double and Brewer will rack up six fouls guarding Kobe.

Jazz by 8.

And Triple D will make fun of us for caring about a meaningless regular-season game.

TheSizzle36 11-30-2007 07:25 PM

I'm a bit concerned about this game as a Jazz fan as both memo and Boozer are questionable and "game-time decisions". I think we could be alright without Memo, I think we're hosed without Boozer.

Should be a good game and I like it when my debate is whether or not to watch the game on KJZZ or ESPN. I'm pumped for the game. I love beating the Lakers... although I hate losing to them.

TripletDaddy 11-30-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 157475)
Go Jazz go! Kobe will go for 45 and not involve the rest of his team. They'll stop cutting and setting picks and doing the stuff that makes the Lakers so dangerous.

Jazz will execute as a team, Deron will have 12+ assists, Boozer will have another double-double and Brewer will rack up six fouls guarding Kobe.

Jazz by 8.

And Triple D will make fun of us for caring about a meaningless regular-season game.

I will make fun of you either way.

Your analysis is interesting. How come none of that happened the first time these two teams played this season?

This game tonight will be very telling. I think that we can almost predict the NBA champ based off who wins tonight. San Antonio and Boston have no chance.

JohnnyLingo 11-30-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 157538)
I will make fun of you either way.

Your analysis is interesting. How come none of that happened the first time these two teams played this season?

Oh that's right, I forgot. Games between two teams always turn out exactly like they did the last time.

Silly me.

TripletDaddy 11-30-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 157624)
Oh that's right, I forgot. Games between two teams always turn out exactly like they did the last time.

Silly me.

Then why would the Jazz win tonight?

JohnnyLingo 11-30-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 157637)
Then why would the Jazz win tonight?

They obviously won't.

I told you I was wrong.

I am filled with shame.

TripletDaddy 11-30-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 157642)
They obviously won't.

I told you I was wrong.

I am filled with shame.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

Either way, we will be treated to an excellent preview of what is basically the de-facto NBA championship tonight. Jazz and Lakers! This game is HUGE!

Coach McGuirk 11-30-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 157471)
Wish I were going, but the best seat is on my couch anyway. Should be a good game. I'm glad the starters got some rest last night after demolishing Denver in a game they were down by 17.

i am in the HP luxury suite tonight. I would put those against your couch.

TripletDaddy 12-01-2007 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 157475)

Jazz by 8.

Doesn't look like Boozer will score a single point tonight.

Let's hope the rest of your predictions are more accurate.

TripletDaddy 12-01-2007 03:52 AM

The Lakers championship hopes are slipping away fast....that was one fugly first half of "basketball."

Surfah 12-01-2007 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk (Post 157735)
i am in the HP luxury suite tonight. I would put those against your couch.

You have to see my couch.

Surfah 12-01-2007 04:19 AM

Ugly game. I just got home and turned it on.

D Will is the man. Enjoy him while you have him Jazz fans. I thought he would be too slow to be any good at this level. His defense isn't great, but Nash has shown us you can be an all universe PG and back to back MVP in this league without playing defense.

YOhio 12-01-2007 04:30 AM

Lakers have 82 points through 3 quarters and they're down by 20. Sloan is going to rip the Jazz D after the game.

cougjunkie 12-01-2007 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 157876)
Lakers have 82 points through 3 quarters and they're down by 20. Sloan is going to rip the Jazz D after the game.

Kirilenko with one of the best stat lines of the season.

20 points 11 assists, 11 rebounds, 6 steals, 4 blocks.

Thats a very solid night.

YOhio 12-01-2007 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 157903)
Kirilenko with one of the best stat lines of the season.

20 points 11 assists, 11 rebounds, 6 steals, 4 blocks.

Thats a very solid night.

and 0 TO's. The Jazz were hustling very well tonight.

It was nice to see Fesenko get some valuable minutes tonight.

TripletDaddy 12-01-2007 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 157905)
and 0 TO's. The Jazz were hustling very well tonight.

It was nice to see Fesenko get some valuable minutes tonight.

The Jazz were solid tonight. They made the Lakers look silly.

Credit to Lingo. I figured he was one of those people who ran away when the Jazz lost but showed up when they won. He is nowhere to be found tonight. He is probably off on his ship, going from island to island trading for cool things like shells, animals, and handheld mirrors.

JohnnyLingo 12-01-2007 05:33 AM

Well, none of my predictions came true.

Somehow I'm fine with that.

The key to this Jazz team is a happy Andrei. He is capable of running this team and affects all aspects of the game.

I was glad to see Fesenko get good minutes tonight, too. He's about 3,000 times better than Collins is. Is there any way we can trade Jarron? Maybe to the Nets; you think they'd be interested in having both the Collins brothers? :)

TripletDaddy 12-01-2007 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 157917)
Well, none of my predictions came true.

Somehow I'm fine with that.

The key to this Jazz team is a happy Andrei. He is capable of running this team and affects all aspects of the game.

I was glad to see Fesenko get good minutes tonight, too. He's about 3,000 times better than Collins is. Is there any way we can trade Jarron? Maybe to the Nets; you think they'd be interested in having both the Collins brothers? :)

You are underestimating the power of that home court crowd, as voted on by several NBA GMs.

Another possible factor in the Jazz win tonight: when you play an inferior squad, you usually beat them.

JohnnyLingo 12-01-2007 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 157926)
You are underestimating the power of that home court crowd, as voted on by several NBA GMs.

Another possible factor in the Jazz win tonight: when you play an inferior squad, you usually beat them.

Oh come on... the Jazz minus Okur and Boozer is clearly superior to L.A.?

If that's the case, the Jazz at full strength should beat the Lakers by 30 every time they play.

TripletDaddy 12-01-2007 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 157929)
Oh come on... the Jazz minus Okur and Boozer is clearly superior to L.A.?

If that's the case, the Jazz at full strength should beat the Lakers by 30 every time they play.

You are right, they should.

The Jazz are the clear 4th seed in the WC...possibly 3rd.

The Lakers are, MAYBE the 7th seed? Maybe? if that?

Besides Kobe, who on the Lakers tonight really contributed? Turiaf is a nice role player, but not meant to impact the outcome of a game. Odom is still not 100%. Bynum is inconsistent. Yikes.....

JohnnyLingo 12-01-2007 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 157935)
You are right, they should.

The Jazz are the clear 4th seed in the WC...possibly 3rd.

The Lakers are, MAYBE the 7th seed? Maybe? if that?

Besides Kobe, who on the Lakers tonight really contributed? Turiaf is a nice role player, but not meant to impact the outcome of a game. Odom is still not 100%. Bynum is inconsistent. Yikes.....

Farmar played well. :)

And just because the Lakers played poorly tonight doesn't mean they always do.

RC Vikings 12-01-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 157836)
The Lakers championship hopes are slipping away fast....that was one fugly first half of "basketball."

The Lakers championship hopes slipped away to Miami a few year ago. Kobe and everybody else knows this team is going no where. Also 24 million for two years for Phil Jackson. Without the best player in the world on his team and then maybe the best two players in the NBA at the time on his team he hasn't shown me squat.

TripletDaddy 12-01-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 157980)
The Lakers championship hopes slipped away to Miami a few year ago. Kobe and everybody else knows this team is going no where. Also 24 million for two years for Phil Jackson. Without the best player in the world on his team and then maybe the best two players in the NBA at the time on his team he hasn't shown me squat.

Good points, RC. Good points.