cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   @#&$%!!! (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24557)

BarbaraGordon 11-08-2008 11:45 PM

@#&$%!!!

I hate Les Miles.

What good is it to block a 25 yard fg to send it into overtime if you're just going to let your QB throw an easy pick and take the L anyway??

sheesh.

ute4ever 11-08-2008 11:54 PM

Babs if you were rooting for Alabama to lose in order to help Oklahoma in the polls, there has been a growing opinion that Florida will beat them in the SEC title game.

Meanwhile since #3 Penn State lost, both of our teams will probably move up. Man what a cool thing to be able to say.

BarbaraGordon 11-09-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 292403)
Babs if you were rooting for Alabama to lose in order to help Oklahoma in the polls, there has been a growing opinion that Florida will beat them in the SEC title game.

Meanwhile since #3 Penn State lost, both of our teams will probably move up. Man what a cool thing to be able to say.

I know Penn State lost. I was hoping for a clean sweep of the top three.

Anyway, as far as Alabama goes, frankly I'll only be happy when all SEC teams have at least two losses. I was banking on this as one of Alabama's. All that's left now is Mississippi State and Auburn. poop.

How far do you think Penn State will fall?

Archaea 11-09-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292410)
I know Penn State lost. I was hoping for a clean sweep of the top three.

Anyway, as far as Alabama goes, frankly I'll only be happy when all SEC teams have at least two losses. I was banking on this as one of Alabama's. All that's left now is Mississippi State and Auburn. poop.

I am not impressed with Alabama though. Their offense stinks, but they play some mean defense.

BarbaraGordon 11-09-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 292412)
I am not impressed with Alabama though. Their offense stinks, but they play some mean defense.

I was thinking if we could just suit up the Tide's D with the Sooner offense, that would be one sweet crimson team.

ute4ever 11-09-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292410)

That's a tough question, because the game came down to the final second and PSU was on the road. I'm just glad that of all weeks for Utah to beat #11, it was this week.

YOhio 11-09-2008 12:05 AM

Jarret Lee is horrible. Shockingly bad.

BarbaraGordon 11-09-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 292417)
Jarret Lee is horrible. Shockingly bad.

Yeah, quite a change from last year, huh? Not near as cute, either.

Jeff Lebowski 11-09-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292400)
I hate Les Miles.

What good is it to block a 25 yard fg to send it into overtime if you're just going to let your QB throw an easy pick and take the L anyway??

sheesh.

No kidding. I was screaming at the TV. That was awful playcalling. Way to choke it away LSU.

hyrum 11-09-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292415)
I was thinking if we could just suit up the Tide's D with the Sooner offense, that would be one sweet crimson team.

Gonna need a placekicker and kickoff coverage team, too.

BarbaraGordon 11-09-2008 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 292426)
No kidding. I was screaming at the TV. That was awful playcalling. Way to choke it away LSU.

exactly! I mean, last year Les made some crazy-@$$ play calls and got away with it. He's going to have to learn that you can't tempt fate every time and still expect to come away with the win.

BarbaraGordon 11-09-2008 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrum (Post 292431)
Gonna need a placekicker and kickoff coverage team, too.

Yes, I was actually wondering where we could pick up a decent special teams squad.

creekster 11-09-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292443)
exactly! I mean, last year Les made some crazy-@$$ play calls and got away with it. He's going to have to learn that you can't tempt fate every time and still expect to come away with the win.

Isn't our old freind Gary Crowton the OC there?

hyrum 11-09-2008 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292444)
Yes, I was actually wondering where we could pick up a decent special teams squad.

Need to combine the best of U of Utah (defense, special teams) and Oklahoma (offense). Now that would be an awesome team.

BarbaraGordon 11-09-2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrum (Post 292453)
Need to combine the best of U of Utah (defense, special teams) and Oklahoma (offense). Now that would be an awesome team.

You're suggesting that I should go with Utah's D over Alabama's?

il Padrino Ute 11-09-2008 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 292476)
You're suggesting that I should go with Utah's D over Alabama's?

I'd rather have Alabama's defense and Louie Sakoda.