cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How much would you give up to save wild horses? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20769)

Archaea 07-10-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 240269)
Really? According to whose notion of spirituality and whose notion of environmental balance?

Easterners.

Didn't you know if you graduate from Harvard, live in the East, you are inherently more knowledgeable about things remote and distant from you. You also inherit a sense of fairness, and dispassion.

The serene halls of our nation's capitol make one more spiritual and enlightened.

Levin 07-10-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 240272)
The serene halls of our nation's capitol make one more spiritual and enlightened.

Wrong. It's the clean air, the natural beauty, the sense of balance and order, the restoration of all things, the selflessness, the democracy and community, the solving of problems, the respect, the awe, the gratitude, the admiration of what God hath wrought, the subdued ego, the denial of self-interest for the greater good, the recognition of our power and yet the stay of the hand . . . .

It's many, many things. But it most certainly is not the serene halls of our nation's capital. It's the serene halls of the West. It's very, very good for our souls, and mine thrills in it.

Archaea 07-10-2008 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 240275)
Wrong. It's the clean air, the natural beauty, the sense of balance and order, the restoration of all things, the selflessness, the democracy and community, the solving of problems, the respect, the awe, the gratitude, the admiration of what God hath wrought, the subdued ego, the denial of self-interest for the greater good, the recognition of our power and yet the stay of the hand . . . .

It's many, many things. But it most certainly is not the serene halls of our nation's capital. It's the serene halls of the West. It's very, very good for our souls, and mine thrills in it.

Man are you the reincarnation of George Carlin? That bolded concept just made roar with laughter.

Levin 07-10-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 240282)
Man are you the reincarnation of George Carlin? That bolded concept just made roar with laughter.

Happy to oblige

Jeff Lebowski 07-10-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 240266)
Why are you guys fixated on the mustangs? SU really does have you in his powers. The mustang hasn't really been on my radar during this entire discussion.

Jeff -- I admitted in one of the first entries in this thread that my vote was a ruse b/c SU's poll was ridiculous and self-serving.

Don't mind me. I am just having some fun.

creekster 07-10-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 240275)

This is like Cheech and Chong meet John Muir.

Archaea 07-10-2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 240289)
This is like Cheech and Chong meet John Muir.

Who is Cheech and who is Chong, and who gets to be John Muir?

myboynoah 07-10-2008 02:21 AM

I saved a Golden Retriever once. Very satisfying feeling.