cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How does it feel to get to the top of this mountain? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15334)

BYU71 12-27-2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 167445)
Yeah, well I am calling BS on that one. You tell me what BCS team just happens to have an open date next year on that weekend, and is willing to come to Provo. Not a chance.

Several sources after the Nevada pull out indicated we could schedule up. I am not saying a really good BCS team and I am not sure I want that anyway. Mid to lower BCS or Nevada non-BCS equivalent was out there according to several people.

BYU71 12-27-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 167446)
I seriously might consider buying your tickets off you. :)

Of course if things keep going the way they are I might have to save my $$ for something else, but don't want to jinx that and scare the crap out of myself simultaneously by thinking about possibility too much...

the brother that is really loaded said he would take them. He has 6 others, but my two are better than his. :)

jay santos 12-27-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 167457)
I would like to know which BCS team would have done that for us. Not just rumors, but an actual team.

How is it that FSU doesn't have it's schedule locked down for next year at this point? I just don't believe that.

Like I said, I'm not going to hang Bronco for the replacement for the Nevada game, because it's a legitimate problem to replace a team that late. My ire is directed at a long term philosophy but I think it's uncertain yet how that will affect us. The Army and USU contracts were the last two that were done.

BYU71 12-27-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 167460)
Like I said, I'm not going to hang Bronco for the replacement for the Nevada game, because it's a legitimate problem to replace a team that late. My ire is directed at a long term philosophy but I think it's uncertain yet how that will affect us. The Army and USU contracts were the last two that were done.

The only thing I will criticize Bronco for is publicly saying he wanted to dummy down. Why not keep quiet and just say this was the best we could do, unless of course it wasn't. However, everybody spins so he could have too and said they couldn't find anyone.

MikeWaters 12-27-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 167461)
The only thing I will criticize Bronco for is publicly saying he wanted to dummy down. Why not keep quiet and just say this was the best we could do, unless of course it wasn't. However, everybody spins so he could have too and said they couldn't find anyone.

It would destroy Bronco if it was proven he was a liar, even over something trivial like this.

All it would take is some AD saying "we offered but they said no" and suddenly Bronco isn't a prophet anymore. he is the new Elder Stapely.

BYU71 12-27-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 167467)
It would destroy Bronco if it was proven he was a liar, even over something trivial like this.

All it would take is some AD saying "we offered but they said no" and suddenly Bronco isn't a prophet anymore. he is the new Elder Stapely.

Valid point. I think though what he is saying negates the fact for those who are saying no way can we get better than a 1AA to slide in for Nevada.