cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Would you ever report someone to the Honor Code office for a violation? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9794)

YOhio 07-10-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 99699)
Are they allowed to be in guys dorms past curfew. Seems like they get special treatment if they can be in a guys dorm past 12 but a co-ed can't.

Good point. Can they also use the bathroom in a girls apartment?

BigFatMeanie 07-11-2007 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 99204)
I don't doubt that it happened to you. My point is that I have a reasonable sample size to draw from without a single occurance. So if I do hear anecodotal events like yours, I attribute it as an outlier. I just don't think it happens too often. If it happens at all though, it's a problem.

It's not an outlier. It is all too common. I too was on the receiving end of an anonymous report for HC violations. I told the story in a previous HC thread about a year ago. I had to meet with J. Thomas Kallunki (aka John T. Kallunki) and receive "Counseling and Correction". Surfah's having to submit a weekly report on the devotional is the "Correction" that he was assigned and is consistent with many other reports of "Correction" (i.e. pennance) being assigned for various violations. My "Correction" was significantly easier than Surfah's.

There is an actual form you can fill out to report someone anonymously. Let's meet up at the next home game and we can take a walk over to the HC office and you can see the anonymous form with your own two eyes.

JohnnyLingo 07-11-2007 02:46 AM

I've never reported anyone to the Honor Code office. I don't even know how you do that.

But as BYU71 said, BYU is a private university that can do whatever they want. No one forces students to go there, and to go there at all you have to sign on to all the stuff you're complaining about.

Agency is a wonderful thing.

I always wonder why people like Sizzle or surfah didn't just go to the U or SUU or Wisconsin or some other school if the Honor Code is so oppressive.

RockyBalboa 07-11-2007 02:47 AM

I would report Adam for worshipping Satan, but that's about it.

Surfah 07-11-2007 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 99981)
I've never reported anyone to the Honor Code office. I don't even know how you do that.

But as BYU71 said, BYU is a private university that can do whatever they want. No one forces students to go there, and to go there at all you have to sign on to all the stuff you're complaining about.

Agency is a wonderful thing.

I always wonder why people like Sizzle or surfah didn't just go to the U or SUU or Wisconsin or some other school if the Honor Code is so oppressive.

I went to BYU for the women. You can't get a mormon girl to drink but you sure can get them into bed.

YOhio 07-11-2007 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 99981)

I agree with this sentiment. People should either quit complaining or leave.

I do wish you would heed your own advice and either quit bitching about Cougarguard or leave.

JohnnyLingo 07-11-2007 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 100015)
I agree with this sentiment. People should either quit complaining or leave.

I do wish you would heed your own advice and either quit bitching about Cougarguard or leave.

You don't agree with me at all.

TheSizzle36 07-11-2007 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 100010)
I went to BYU for the women. You can't get a mormon girl to drink but you sure can get them into bed.

LOL... if it weren't true, it wouldn't be funny...