cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hi (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9426)

JohnnyLingo 06-26-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evangelical Lurker (Post 94460)
Yeah, just a bit. This all kind of makes me think I should have stayed a true lurker.

The Ghost of Robin makes everyone jumpy.

creekster 06-26-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 94477)
The Ghost of Robin makes everyone jumpy.

Must you invoke that infernal spectre?

FMCoug 06-26-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 94504)
Must you invoke that infernal spectre?

I'm thinking Lingo likes to bring Robin up to remind us it could be much worse than him.

Sleeping in EQ 06-26-2007 10:52 PM

Welcome, EL.

Archaea 06-26-2007 10:59 PM

We have been bitten before by frauds thus being bitten once makes us suspicious. If you are simply interested, we welcome you.

Evangelical Lurker 06-26-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 94517)
We have been bitten before by frauds thus being bitten once makes us suspicious. If you are simply interested, we welcome you.

I don't bite unless asked.

creekster 06-26-2007 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evangelical Lurker (Post 94520)

A benign fraud? That sounds ok.

Whatever you are, welcome and don't take this as a bad start. It's pretty mellow artound here for the most part.

Mindfulcoug 06-26-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evangelical Lurker (Post 94520)

it means you arenot a keen on preemptive style ? huh?

Evangelical Lurker 06-26-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 94523)
A benign fraud? That sounds ok.

Whatever you are, welcome and don't take this as a bad start. It's pretty mellow artound here for the most part.

How am I a fraud? I have said nothing untrue. I've let you all know up front that I'm not Mormon. I have had Mormon friends but they have had far more problems with me, than I have had with them, despite the fact that I respect their faith and have said nothing against it. I am always so surprised when I get this kind of reaction.

I'm Baptist. Worse yet, I'm Southern Baptist. I have endured the seemingly required speeches given by ex-Mormans and decided for myself that the Mormans I knew seemed like regular God-fearing Christians to me. You have an extra book to go along with the Bible - OK. I'm fine with that. The Catholics I know have a few extra in their Bibles too, and sin of all sins, I've been known to read some of them - and learn something. I don't believe you are all going to hell, even if you do believe that I am.

Are you likely to convert me? Probably not - and I won't attempt to convert y'all. (which I do know is hopeless, as your church is much better at educating you all, than mine is)

Archaea 06-26-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evangelical Lurker (Post 94541)
How am I a fraud? I have said nothing untrue. I've let you all know up front that I'm not Mormon. I have had Mormon friends but they have had far more problems with me, than I have had with them, despite the fact that I respect their faith and have said nothing against it. I am always so surprised when I get this kind of reaction.

I'm Baptist. Worse yet, I'm Southern Baptist. I have endured the seemingly required speeches given by ex-Mormans and decided for myself that the Mormans I knew seemed like regular God-fearing Christians to me. You have an extra book to go along with the Bible - OK. I'm fine with that. The Catholics I know have a few extra in their Bibles too, and sin of all sins, I've been known to read some of them - and learn something. I don't believe you are all going to hell, even if you do believe that I am.

Are you likely to convert me? Probably not - and I won't attempt to convert y'all. (which I do know is hopeless, as your church is much better at educating you all, than mine is)

You misunderstand the fraud allegation. We've had people pretending to be baptists or something else and weren't. Your religion is irrelevant, really. Although this is anonymous, we still expect some degree of credibility, that's all.