cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Olympic sports that have to go (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21563)

Gidget 08-14-2008 12:07 AM

Why the "UteStarring" label, does this relate to our beloved Ute-Star? And I can stop Ute-starring, if you really mean it - maybe you should second the nomination for a women's category . . . ;)

TripletDaddy 08-14-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 252468)
Why the "UteStarring" label, does this relate to our beloved Ute-Star? And I can stop Ute-starring, if you really mean it - maybe you should second the nomination for a women's category . . . ;)

That is the other thing about getting UteStarred......as much as we all try to deny it, none of us wants it to stop.

Gidget 08-14-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 252467)
Not at all. That was my lame attempt at being facetious.

Well, that is nice to hear. Just to reiterate, I am not bugged at all by the testosterone based remarks, I am not a femi-nazi. I just think it's funny cuz, well, it is.

il Padrino Ute 08-14-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 252462)
I can somewhat agree. I don't think I have experienced as many male locker rooms I am sure - but I certainly feel like females are the more beautiful sex.

I agree about females being the more beautiful sex and don't even need to have been in female locker rooms to know that. It's just simple deductive reasoning - I've seen what's in male locker rooms. It can't get any more repulsive than that.

Gidget 08-14-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 252469)
That is the other thing about getting UteStarred......as much as we all try to deny it, none of us wants it to stop.

Exactly right? I think the men would secretly love to read a women's category, and my husband says regular CGers already secretly love to have the women's opinions.

BigFatMeanie 08-14-2008 12:21 AM

Air Rifle - basically just shooting pellet guns. Incredibly boring on TV

Dressage - Also mind numbingly boring on TV. The fact that it has to be judged and that the participants wear top hats and tails while riding a horse are huge knocks against it.

BigFatMeanie 08-14-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 252353)
Perhaps so, but which team would you rather see?

Definitely the latter

il Padrino Ute 08-14-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 252473)
Exactly right? I think the men would secretly love to read a women's category, and my husband says regular CGers already secretly love to have the women's opinions.

You're correct. We'd love to read it even though we wouldn't understand it. (And if any male here claims he understands females, he is lying)