cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finances (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Official brag about your salary thread (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15798)

BYU71 01-11-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 173484)
Based on the CPI, that equates to $30.72 an hour in 2008 dollars. We you working in the Tunnel of Love or something?

Actually the speed way. It was an awesome job. The fringes were great. Always plenty of hot women. Free tickets to the Beach Boys, Paul Revere and the Raiders, etc.

TripletDaddy 01-11-2008 04:57 PM

My first job was at a small bakery chain called La Petite Boulangerie. Bread and deli. We were making just over $3 an hour in the mid 80s. 2 of my friends and I all applied together and we were all hired. It was a lot of fun.

We were all fired because one day we decided to slice open the side of a few baugettes and put pickle spears inside them and sell them to people. We thought it would be funny to watch their expressions as they sliced open their baguettes to find pickles inside. We didnt really think it through very well. We were all fired that day.

ute4ever 01-11-2008 05:05 PM

My first job was for the University of Utah football team, working at their catered dinner line in a room in the student Union building. I was paid $3.80 to shovel food onto plates, and keep the drink machines filled, and the salad, sandwich, and dessert bars stocked, and bus their tables. Most of them were really cool, would shoot pool with me afterwards, invite me to their parties and gave me game tickets.

Mormon Red Death 01-11-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 173468)
I made about $3.85 per hour for my first job.

It depresses me to think about how little I worked for. I guess that's why they say education is a good thing.

I make more than double the highest wage both my parents made together

Education is a great thing.

marsupial 01-11-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 173506)
I make more than double the highest wage both my parents made together

Education is a great thing.

Sadly, Danimal with his PhD will probably never make what my dad did with his high school diploma.

Surfah 01-11-2008 06:08 PM

I have a buddy who is 28 and in his first year of law school and has never had a job in his life.

Brian 01-11-2008 06:09 PM

Job 1. $3.35 per hour washing dishes at Pancho Villa on Highland Dr. near Cottonwood Mall. It's gone now.
The bus boys would collect the fumes from the tequilla mini-bottles after clearing a table and have about 3/4 of a mini at the end of a busy weekend. A nice buzzed bike ride home.

Filsdepac 01-11-2008 06:13 PM

My Resume:

In-n-out: $8.50/hour
Breyer's Ice Cream Distribution (working in -32 degree warehouse): $11/hour
Abercrombie and Fitch: $5.50/hour
BYU CID: $11/hour
Current job (Auditor): As it's busy season, probably like $4.48/hour
Being able to go on cougarguard while working: Priceless

marsupial 01-11-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filsdepac (Post 173552)
My Resume:

In-n-out: $8.50/hour
Breyer's Ice Cream Distribution (working in -32 degree warehouse): $11/hour
Abercrombie and Fitch: $5.50/hour
BYU CID: $11/hour
Current job (Auditor): As it's busy season, probably like $4.48/hour
Being able to go on cougarguard while working: Priceless

You worked at Abercrombie and Fitch? You must be very pretty. :)

Filsdepac 01-11-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 173562)
You worked at Abercrombie and Fitch? You must be very pretty. :)

Or gullible. I was the clothes folder, not the model, hence the salary. My friend and I were just shopping and they asked if we wanted a job, we thought we'd score some chicks that way. Worst job ever.