cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bronco and scheduling. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15463)

Archaea 01-02-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 168800)
If he knows what "fuscia" and "teal" mean, then I would worry. (I still don't know what they are). I take it he is not married and isn't interested in dating.

Those are colors but don't ask me what shades they represent. I'm pretty much down to the red, yellow, green, gold, silver, white, black, orange and blue. Oh, there's brown and gray too. Why would anybody need more colors than that?

Can one of the females inform me what fuscia or what teal represent?

Ute4ever, perhaps, you can tell us. Afterall, you sent out the roses to all the guys, so you probably know that stuff better than most gals.

HuskyFreeNorthwest 01-02-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 168917)
If Mike's criteria of "on the radar" includes ESPN highlights, then I'll agree with him.

From reading this thread it sounds like MWs criteria means to be in the South, East or Southeast. The four corners of America.

You haven't seen ASU play? That knocks your credibility to comment on anything in the Pac 10 down to about exute level. Regarding the Pac 10 do they not have ESPN, ABC or Fox Sports Net in Texas?

Tex 01-03-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest (Post 169040)
From reading this thread it sounds like MWs criteria means to be in the South, East or Southeast. The four corners of America.

You haven't seen ASU play? That knocks your credibility to comment on anything in the Pac 10 down to about exute level. Regarding the Pac 10 do they not have ESPN, ABC or Fox Sports Net in Texas?

Wow, am I speaking a different language? I didn't say I hadn't seen ASU play. And it isn't about access to sports channels. Try reading again, Husky.

HuskyFreeNorthwest 01-03-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 169070)
Wow, am I speaking a different language? I didn't say I hadn't seen ASU play. And it isn't about access to sports channels. Try reading again, Husky.

Thank you Tex, but perhaps you should try reading again. I was not talking about you.

Tex 01-03-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest (Post 169159)
Thank you Tex, but perhaps you should try reading again. I was not talking about you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest (Post 169040)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex
You haven't seen ASU play? That knocks your credibility ...

Apologies for the misunderstanding. You can see how I might have thought you were speaking to me.

SeattleUte 01-03-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 168556)
Bronco is going to get run over by the BCS bus if he starts to schedule like Hawaii did this year. He can set up the schedule now to be easy (riding on the Hawaii formula bandwagon), but the BCS powers that be will make strength of schedule a factor in the selection criteria, just wait and see. They did not want Hawaii there, and Hawaii showed they shouldn't be there. SOS would have helped keep them out.

If Bronco dumbs down the schedule, the BCS criteria will change on him midstream, and BYU will be stuck with a crap schedule which will then count against them and keep them out of the BCS. I hope he can see the writing on the wall. Play the best you can, and beat them. That is the only sure-fire formula for a mid-major to crack the BCS.

Bronco doesn't want to get fired and then have to move his family all over the country chasing ephemeral ass. coaching gigs. All he cares about is job security, and keeping asses in the seats. He knows he's been living on luck, some amazing good fortune dropped into his lap, and clearly he's not a risk taker at heart.

MikeWaters 01-03-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 169214)
Bronco doesn't want to get fired and then have to move his family all over the country chasing ephemeral ass. coaching gigs. All he cares about is job security, and keeping asses in the seats. He knows he's been living on luck, some amazing good fortune dropped into his lap, and clearly he's not a risk taker at heart.

Holmoe is the same. He will do what is in his interest first. Easy schedules and winning seasons is in his interest.