cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wide Receiver Two-Deep (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17847)

il Padrino Ute 03-24-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 201737)
Oxnard is a hole. Only good things from there are Masi Tuitama, Ronney Jenkins and some qb named Beck.

Now ol Lou Cijanovic and his Santa Clara Saints had quite the program back in the day.

I did enjoy some epic battles against the Oxnard Spanish Speaking branch in regional hoops and softball, at least when triplet's buddy wasn't seeking to dq us for some stupid mullah reason.

I would still rather call Oxnard home than Thousand Oaks.

The only time I was ever on Oxnard was for a burial at the Masonic Cemetery. I'll trust that your comment about it being a hole is 100% objective, as you'd never belittle a place that wasn't Thousand Oaks. Or Eagle Mountain.

Speaking of that, would you rather live in TO or EM?

Spaz 06-19-2008 05:40 PM

As an aside, it sounds like there may be some movement in the two-deep in terms of positions. Ashworth may be moving to Safety, and Jordan Pendleton may be moving to OLB.

BYUTexan 06-19-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clark Addison (Post 200023)
Who do you think will be on the WR two-deep in fall? Obviously Collie and Reed will be the big two, but who will be the next two? Chambers? Ashworth? Hafoka? White? Kozlowski?

Also, I assume that Mahuika will get most of the available snaps at the slot that aren't taken by the TEs (who I assume will take most). Who will be behind him? Probably doesn't matter too much, since Mahuika only got one reception last year, and will probably be in single digits again, even with the swtch of So'oto.

We may do well to switch Hafoka to slot to utilize his agility and speed to help take pressure off of the outside WR's, TE's and RB's. ala Reno Mahe.

BYUTexan 06-19-2008 09:54 PM

Damn, I thought this was a new thread. This board moves slower than highway traffic coming out of Florida during the Hurricane season.

Mars 06-20-2008 04:58 PM

As far as talent and athleticism, Spencer Hafoka might be the 2nd-best WR at BYU this year, behind Austin Collie but ahead of Michael Reed (who has always been a bit of a disappointment a a starter). He may blueshirt though, we'll see. I'll be happy when McKay Jacobsen gets back. Ashworth hasn't convinced me yet that he's I-A material.

BYUTexan 06-20-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars (Post 233514)

As far as talent and athleticism, Spencer Hafoka might be the 2nd-best WR at BYU this year, behind Austin Collie but ahead of Michael Reed (who has always been a bit of a disappointment a a starter). He may blueshirt though, we'll see. I'll be happy when McKay Jacobsen gets back. Ashworth hasn't convinced me yet that he's I-A material.

I disagree about Michael Reed, I actually think he'll have a breakout year. I'm just thinking that with the personnel we currently have, why not move Hafoka to the slot just for this season, so that we can have an added dimension for Hall to use against opposing defenses?