cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   In-N-Out Hype (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21113)

CJF 09-02-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar (Post 259664)
An anxious nation awaits your findings. Seriously, out of the mouths of two or three witnesses shall the menu for our Friday evening soiree be established, and Surfah's recipe sounds enticing. I await your review.

I won't go into the detail that DDD went into, but it was good. I like the Luger's idea. I may try that next time instead of A1. I did pretty much exactly what the recipe Surfah suggested with two small additions. I added crushed roasted garlic that comes in the bottle at the grocery store and a little bit Italian spices ground in.

I only grill over coals, so I used hickory coals and let each side cook for about 8 minutes open and about 4 minutes closed. About 25 total minutes. Thick patties, so it takes a little longer to get it cooked all the way through.

The one thing that surprised me is that there was very little dripping. I thought it would be a lot of flare ups on the grill, but it didn't happen. Very juicy and great flavor burger. I also had I added two slices of sharp cheddar to each patty also. Garnished with fresh from my parents garden, tomatoes, onions and lettuce.

I will be doing this again soon. Very good burger.

OverandOveragain 09-24-2008 01:53 PM

I LOOOVE In-N-Out.

I lived in California for two summers, and ate as many as I could.

Animal fries, wow

ERCougar 09-24-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 260015)
Sounds great. I may have to try the spicier route sometime. I love pepper jack. Avocado would be great as a topper to cool the palate just as your pineapple would. Lots of variations to this. But like you said the beef and sausage mixture is the key. Glad you liked it.

Made this with avocado and blue cheese last night. Good stuff. The mixture's a little sausage-heavy for my taste so I might cut that back a little next time, but good idea nonetheless.

Question for DDD/Surfah/whomever: Adding the egg is a new idea for me. Do you always do this? What kinds of other ideas for a good burger mix do you have? Say you don't have sausage on hand.

Black Diamond Bay 09-25-2008 11:39 PM

Since I moved here, In n Out has turned me into a fastfood snob. I can't tell you the last time I ate a burger from another fastfood joint. It just doesn't happen anymore.

Jennerstein 09-26-2008 12:54 AM

I miss In N Out. Back when I was able to eat beef, the perfect meal was ordering two "double meat protein animal style" burgers. Without the bun, you're able to taste all of the meaty goodness, and the extra lettuce makes everything more fresh.

Can't wait until I can eat cow again.

Surfah 09-26-2008 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennerstein (Post 269912)
I miss In N Out. Back when I was able to eat beef, the perfect meal was ordering two "double meat protein animal style" burgers. Without the bun, you're able to taste all of the meaty goodness, and the extra lettuce makes everything more fresh.

Can't wait until I can eat cow again.

Did you convert to Hinduism or something?

Jennerstein 10-05-2008 07:51 AM

No, no, I love beef just like most Mormons. I'm on a special diet, on orders from my Chinese doctor. In terms of meats right now, just pig. Think of it as my own personal word of wisdom.