cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The story on Craig Jessop (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18775)

SeattleUte 04-24-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 212938)
While we're here making wild accusations, maybe he went and Spence Kinarded someone.

This is not a modest and self-evident point.

non sequitur 04-24-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 212931)

Fuck off! I'm done with you.*

*Mike Waters, April 22 2008

malapert 04-24-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 212812)
Could have fooled me.

Appears it is rather easy to do.

il Padrino Ute 04-24-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 212929)
Kind of like Luca Brasi?

I am laughing right now.

UtahDan 04-24-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 212941)
Fuck off! I'm done with you.*

*Mike Waters, April 22 2008

I swell with pride every time I see that.

TripletDaddy 04-24-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 212970)
I swell with pride every time I see that.

eh....I thought he said "we're done," not, "I'm done with you," no?

Between mike and lingo, I cant tell who drops more f bombs.

non sequitur 04-24-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 212971)
eh....I thought he said "we're done," not, "I'm done with you," no?

You're probably right. I was just going from memory. All I know is that five years from now I will have forgotten every post from CougarGuard except that one.

exUte 04-24-2008 09:40 PM

More like 90%

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 212880)
Cali, if you don't mind some advice. You really shouldn't give a crap if anyone believes you.

Use ex as an example. His record might be around 50%. However, he doesn't let that deter him in telling people he knows something and expects them to believe him.

but carry on.

exUte 04-24-2008 09:44 PM

From what my sources

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 212829)
ex, do you have a different story to tell? Sounds like you do not. You just have people saying, no, there couldn't have been a tiff between Jessop and a GA.

are telling me, that is not the case. I specifically asked if it was a tiff between Jessor and ANY GA. Response from two of them.........no. And those sources are closer to the Mo Tab than Cali Coug.

MikeWaters 04-24-2008 09:46 PM

Well, that's worthless. Because they provided no alternate explanation.

It's like the story that was reported about Tavernari. BYU71 said "that's not right" but then offered no further explanation.

In other words, some sources 1) do not know, 2) lie to cover up.

exUte 04-24-2008 09:51 PM

Why is an alternate explanation needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 212992)
Well, that's worthless. Because they provided no alternate explanation.

It's like the story that was reported about Tavernari. BYU71 said "that's not right" but then offered no further explanation.

In other words, some sources 1) do not know, 2) lie to cover up.

If the story is wrong, it's wrong.

It's amazing that every Christmas program, 'outsiders' have been invited to perform with the Mo Tab. And none of them sang 'mormon' hymns. And the First Presidency was there at all of them. Yeah, Jessop was ousted because of non-traditional music.

Want to buy a bridge? I'll stand by my 3 sources. Two of which explicitly said no, that is not what happened. The third didn't know but Cali's story seemed out of character for the First Presidency.

All-American 04-24-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 212995)

It's amazing that every Christmas program, 'outsiders' have been invited to perform with the Mo Tab. And none of them sang 'mormon' hymns. And the First Presidency was there at all of them. Yeah, Jessop was ousted because of non-traditional music.

Want to buy a bridge? I'll stand by my 3 sources. Two of which explicitly said no, that is not what happened. The third didn't know but Cali's story seemed out of character for the First Presidency.

"I don't know you your unnamed, anonymous source is, but I don't care-- MY unnamed, anonymous source is closer to the MoTab."

Might I ask that we abandon this line of thought so long as all our "sources" are anonymous?

Jeff Lebowski 04-24-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 212976)
You're probably right. I was just going from memory. All I know is that five years from now I will have forgotten every post from CougarGuard except that one.

No way. Nothing will ever top SU's ballet quote.

Archaea 04-24-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 212976)

Five minutes after two beers.

Jeff Lebowski 04-24-2008 10:04 PM

This is a great thread. So much arguing over the veracity of a rumor. To what end? Unless we get a direct public announcement from Jessop himself, there is no way to prove or disprove the rumor.

That being said, it is an interesting rumor and it certainly seems consistent with all of the facts presented in the media. According to all public accounts, he resigned immediately and refused comment on the reasons. That's not the MO of a guy just interested in moving on to the next phase of his career.

il Padrino Ute 04-24-2008 10:10 PM

If Ottley was still my Bishop and still lived here rather than in Hawaii where he runs the music department at BYU Hawaii, I'd bug him until he found out what was going on.

Cali Coug 04-24-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 212995)

Packer isn't in the First Presidency for starters. And the issue, as I noted, was with the Sunday performances. Keep up.

Indy Coug 04-24-2008 10:36 PM

My former supervisor is Mr. Mac's son. Maybe I could get some inside info from him. :-P

Tex 04-25-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 213065)
Yes, suffering institutional abuse silently is a sign of being a good soldier in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Martyrdom is even more highly valued, Adam.

Cali Coug 04-25-2008 01:00 AM

Thank heavens I didn't post the information I heard about using a slightly lesser quality cardboard cover on the hymnals. This place would have erupted.

Tex 04-25-2008 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 213072)
Thank heavens I didn't post the information I heard about using a slightly lesser quality cardboard cover on the hymnals. This place would have erupted.

No kidding. If you're going to spread an unfounded rumor, might as well go big!

Cali Coug 04-25-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 213075)
No kidding. If you're going to spread an unfounded rumor, might as well go big!

An unfounded rumor would be that you finally left your bunker and joined the Peace Corps. Not this.

exUte 04-25-2008 08:19 PM

The First Presidency

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 213037)
Packer isn't in the First Presidency for starters. And the issue, as I noted, was with the Sunday performances. Keep up.

would have stepped in and thus my reference to the First Presidency. Sorry I had to connect those two dots for you.

UtahDan 02-10-2010 11:59 PM

For those over here who care, the Danzigs have told their side of this in a new podcast at www.mormonstories.org

Thought a couple of you over here might care or be intrigued based on this thread.

MikeWaters 02-11-2010 12:17 AM

I thought Dehlin quit Mormon Stories. Looks like pulled an Urban Meyer.

UtahDan 02-11-2010 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 310056)
I thought Dehlin quit Mormon Stories. Looks like pulled an Urban Meyer.

Yup. He actually has a whole podcast explaining why he quit and why he started back up. I won't ruin it for you.