cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor / Scouting / Survival (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Is scouting slowly dying? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4784)

UtahDan 11-04-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa.Kinzer (Post 43874)
Sooner born and Sooner bred.

Shall I tell you a funny story about OU Texas?

My husband is a software developer and not exactly a football fan.

I dragged him along to OUTX several years ago and he BROUGHT HIS LAPTOP.

Here people pay a bazillion dollars a ticket (if they can get tix at all) and my husband pulls out his laptop - in the stadium - and starts coding.

I have NEVER been more mortified in my life. People were throwing stuff, yelling at us. yikes.

That was the LAST time I take Jason to a football game.

sheesh.

My wife and my best friends are a couple that consists of a very athletic woman who follows basketball, football, soccer, etc. and a man who is also a programmer whose interests are mostly scientific/literary/gaming and has zero interest in sports. We have often remarked on the fact that she is a lot of guy's dream girl in the area of sports....just not the guy she married. :-)

BarbaraGordon 11-04-2006 04:37 PM

There are others??

Yeah. She and I really should have capitalized more.

At least there's hope for the next generation. My six-year-old already understands two-minute offense!!

Archaea 11-04-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa.Kinzer (Post 43874)
Sooner born and Sooner bred.

Shall I tell you a funny story about OU Texas?

My husband is a software developer and not exactly a football fan.

I dragged him along to OUTX several years ago and he BROUGHT HIS LAPTOP.

Here people pay a bazillion dollars a ticket (if they can get tix at all) and my husband pulls out his laptop - in the stadium - and starts coding.

I have NEVER been more mortified in my life. People were throwing stuff, yelling at us. yikes.

That was the LAST time I take Jason to a football game.

sheesh.

Well, if I were with a Sooner fan, I might take my laptop, but if you were a Cougar fan, now that's different.

BarbaraGordon 11-04-2006 05:49 PM

Actually...

At that PARTICULAR game, ANY diversion would have been a blessing for a Sooner fan.

But I'll have you know I stayed to the bitter end!!

bluegoose 11-04-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 43870)
My daughters do a lot of stuff, mostly stuff I can't keep track of. I keep track of school and sports, and some Church stuff. The other stuff is mom stuff, such as Charity League, dates, dances, proms, school offices.

You don't keep track of your daughter's dates? Brave man.

tooblue 11-04-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 43895)

Agreed. I think the main reason I have been blessed with four boys is because not only would I keep track of daughters dates but I likely would greet and say good evening to them with a shotgun in hand.

You think I'm kidding ... hee hee, hu, uh NO!

Archaea 11-04-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 43895)

Yes I have, they've had a total of four or five dates total. Not that they're not pretty enough, they're just plain stuck up.

They've only been to proms. Oh well. Fortunately for us, the local culture for LDS kids is NOT to date but to have group hangouts.