cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Are you going to root for Utah this Thursday? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23048)

Rickomatic 10-02-2008 05:31 PM

I was going to cheer for the yewts. But after a weekend with my brother in law, I can't wait for them to loose so I don't have to hear about the great schedule they have played and how weak BYU's schedule has been.

Archaea 10-02-2008 06:23 PM

Mildly root for Utah, hoping to propel BYU at the end of the season.

BlueK 10-02-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 272237)
I bet most BYU fans are for OSU, even though that's manifestly against their best interests.

Utah is not relevant to my interests. Ok, well not that much. First of all, I don't think OSU has any chance in this game anyway. Utah should win easily. But who are you kidding with this post? You would never root for BYU even if it was in Utah's interests. But you're much more of a BYU hater than a fan of Utah or any other team, so there is no conflict for you in doing that.

SteelBlue 10-02-2008 07:29 PM

I'm rooting for Utah because I'm loving that the MWC has beat up on the Pac-10 this year. It's given me great joy at work all season. BTW, I really do think Utah will handle OSU. I think the Beavers played out of their minds against USC and will come crashing back down to earth.

Venkman 10-02-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 272237)
I bet most BYU fans are for OSU, even though that's manifestly against their best interests.

First off, I could never "root" for Utah. Sorry, just can't.

Do I want them to win? Yeah, I think so. Would I be sad if they lost? No.

Black Diamond Bay 10-02-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 273644)

Those are my sentiments as well. I can't really bring myself to even hope that they win, I will just be okay with it if they do.

BYUsportsguy 10-02-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 273644)

That's a better way to describe the way I feel about it.

ewth8tr 10-02-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickomatic (Post 273555)
I was going to cheer for the yewts. But after a weekend with my brother in law, I can't wait for them to loose so I don't have to hear about the great schedule they have played and how weak BYU's schedule has been.

lol, a guy in my office came up to me trying to talk trash asking me when BYU was going to play a decent team. I told him I looked at our schedule and the next decent team we play won't be until FSU next year :)