cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Break up the Warriors... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17596)

TheSizzle36 03-24-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 201460)
Hot Rod is an idiot.

Wow, and so are you...

Indy Coug 03-24-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 197434)
They are playing streetball. They are part of the problem contributing to the downfall of the NBA. Also, they will never win a championship playing that garbage streetball.

Do you think interest in the NBA is increasing or decreasing? The decrease in interest in the NBA during the late 90s and early 00s is directly related to the decline in offense and the overly physical clutch and grab style of play that took over the league.

JohnnyLingo 03-24-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 201484)
Do you think interest in the NBA is increasing or decreasing? The decrease in interest in the NBA during the late 90s and early 00s is directly related to the decline in offense and the overly physical clutch and grab style of play that took over the league.

I will kill myself if it's San Antonio vs. Detroit in the Finals this year.

Indy Coug 03-24-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 201505)

We all know that the New Jersey/San Antonio finals a few years ago brought in the highest ratings ever.

NBA Finals
101 - 89
85 - 87
84 - 79
76 - 77
93 - 83
88 - 77

mpfunk 03-24-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 201462)
Contributing to the downfall? That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. I don't know how you came to that conclusion. One of, if not THE most exciting teams in the NBA is contributing to its downfall? Yeah, ok...whatever you say Chief.

It is only exciting if you like flash that has absolutely no substance to it. The Golden State Warriors are the basketball equivalent of giggling a set of keys in front of a baby. It is bad basketball.

You can play with a degree of flash and still play fundamentally sound basketball. That is what is the real exciting type of basketball to watch. I agree that the teams that are all fundamentals with no flash are boring and hurt the game, but the same can be said about the flash with no fundamentals teams like the Warriors. Warriors are not an exciting team, they are a complete bore to watch.

If you want Warriors basketball, you should just get an And1 mixtape. I'd watch that over a Warriors game any day of the week.

mpfunk 03-24-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 201484)

The answer to this isn't to completely eliminate fundamental basketball and turn the NBA into a glorified And1 mixtape (which is exactly what the Warriors are). The answer is to still play with fundamentals and add a little bit of flash to that. You can be a hybrid of the two styles.

If you want streetball go to Rucker Park.

Indy Coug 03-24-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 201509)
The answer to this isn't to completely eliminate fundamental basketball and turn the NBA into a glorified And1 mixtape (which is exactly what the Warriors are). The answer is to still play with fundamentals and add a little bit of flash to that. You can be a hybrid of the two styles.

If you want streetball go to Rucker Park.

I'm just ecstatic to see a team like Dallas who used to be a very fun and exciting team to watch fall apart as they sold their soul to try to become more physical and more defensive-minded.

TripletDaddy 03-24-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 201505)

Come on, Spurs and Pistons! You can do it!

NorCal Cat 03-24-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 201476)
Wow, and so are you...

He calls a guy "Slick Willy?"
Maybe if you heard a real play by play man, you would know what an idiot he is.

NorCal Cat 03-24-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 201508)
It is only exciting if you like flash that has absolutely no substance to it. The Golden State Warriors are the basketball equivalent of giggling a set of keys in front of a baby. It is bad basketball.

You can play with a degree of flash and still play fundamentally sound basketball. That is what is the real exciting type of basketball to watch. I agree that the teams that are all fundamentals with no flash are boring and hurt the game, but the same can be said about the flash with no fundamentals teams like the Warriors. Warriors are not an exciting team, they are a complete bore to watch.

If you want Warriors basketball, you should just get an And1 mixtape. I'd watch that over a Warriors game any day of the week.

Please educate me, oh great one, and tell me exactly why the Warriors have no substance to their play, why it is bad basketball, and not fundamentally sound. Quit making blanket statements, and add some substance.