cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What's up Cougar Guard? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16935)

TripletDaddy 02-19-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y'zGuy (Post 186619)
Well when certain posters are allowed to post under 2 or 3 log ins, and then others (like Indy) try it and get banned, it is crap. I didn't get banned for multiple log ins, simply for questioning the purpose of the referee account. Then I get one explanation from El Jefe, and report abuse on something that is in violation of what his explanation was, and then i'm told that I'm abusing the feature of report abuse?

Que sera sera.

Indy was suspended for blatant acts of subterfuge.

JohnnyLingo 02-19-2008 08:42 PM

I've always been impressed with EWTH's ability to be beloved on CG while maintaining his mod status on CB.

I don't know how he does it.

MikeWaters 02-19-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 186624)
I've always been impressed with EWTH's ability to be beloved on CG while maintaining his mod status on CB.

versus your ability to be hated on both?

CJF 02-19-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 186624)

I helps that he's not a douche bag.

Indy Coug 02-19-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y'zGuy (Post 186619)
Well when certain posters are allowed to post under 2 or 3 log ins, and then others (like Indy) try it and get banned, it is crap. I didn't get banned for multiple log ins, simply for questioning the purpose of the referee account. Then I get one explanation from El Jefe, and report abuse on something that is in violation of what his explanation was, and then i'm told that I'm abusing the feature of report abuse?

Que sera sera.

My multiple log ban was due to me just goofing around to see how tight their controls were on doing IP audits. I knew I wouldn't get away with it over the long run, I just wanted to see how long before I got busted for it. No skin off my back.

Turns out you can get busted for simply registering, without boardmailing anyone or posting anything. That was mildly surprising.

P.S. My use of the name "Subterfuge" and registering it under eysser3@gmail.com should have been a pretty heavy hint I was goofing around and not trying to fool anyone.

P.P.S. I thought my lone Subterfuge post was pretty funny.

MikeWaters 02-19-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 186627)
My multiple log ban was due to me just goofing around to see how tight their controls were on doing IP audits. I knew I wouldn't get away with it over the long run, I just wanted to see how long before I got busted for it. No skin off my back.

Turns out you can get busted for simply registering, without boardmailing anyone or posting anything. That was mildly surprising.

P.S. My use of the name "Subterfuge" and registering it under eysser3@gmail.com should have been a pretty heavy hint I was goofing around and not trying to fool anyone.

I tried to invade a nuclear power plant and I was pretty irritated when I was arrested, when clearly my shirt which read "this is just a joke" indicated I was only joking around.

cougjunkie 02-19-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 186627)

P.P.S. I thought my lone Subterfuge post was pretty funny.

So why havent you gone back to CB?

livecoug 02-19-2008 10:03 PM

Welcome Y'zguy. Here you will find peace, happiness and the respect of your peers.

woot 02-19-2008 10:05 PM

I can't wait until "Cougrrrs Roll" makes the trip over. As partisan as Snipe, Tex, and Freddie are, none of them come anywhere close to the absolute brainwashed fun of that guy. It's like he has a text file with "lying liberal hypocritical limousine demoncrats" saved so that he can cut and paste that whenever he means to refer to anyone left of Pat Robertson.

Tex 02-19-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 186629)
I tried to invade a nuclear power plant and I was pretty irritated when I was arrested, when clearly my shirt which read "this is just a joke" indicated I was only joking around.

There is some wonderful unintentional humor in this post.