cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anyone man enough to own up to wanting (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13811)

OrangeUte 11-12-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 149135)
Tom Holmoe.

wasn't holmoe with samuelson out of town during that time?

K-dog 11-12-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeUte (Post 149141)
wasn't holmoe with samuelson out of town during that time?

I don't know. Does it matter? It fits the known information better than the "outbid" theory and was told by one who would know what really happened.

nikuman 11-12-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 149138)
IF the contract is settled, the contract is settled. Trying to renegotiate with people you will work with is dirty pool. Coaching football isn't and M&A deal.

The contract is never settled unless it's in writing. Never. Every time people think they have a completely settled deal, it comes around to negotiations again when it's time to make up the contract. I've never seen an exception to that in any context, be it M&A or other, where significant sums of money are involved.

Indy Coug 11-12-2007 06:02 PM

Plain and simple: Divine Intervention saved us from Whittingham. Hallelujah!!!

NorCal Cat 11-12-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeUte (Post 149139)
yewtards = another zing from the zingmeister!

i agree it was overreaction, but your obsession with it is overreaction as well.

My obsession? LMFAO!! Yeah, I am so obsessed with Utah and Kryle that I just heard about the onside kick this morning, and made one post on Cougarguard about it. Which you and your fellow yewtards are getting your gstrings in a knot about.

K-dog 11-12-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikuman (Post 149145)
The contract is never settled unless it's in writing. Never. Every time people think they have a completely settled deal, it comes around to negotiations again when it's time to make up the contract. I've never seen an exception to that in any context, be it M&A or other, where significant sums of money are involved.

You don't do a lot of employment work do you?

nikuman 11-12-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 149147)
My obsession? LMFAO!! Yeah, I am so obsessed with Utah and Kryle that I just heard about the onside kick this morning, and made one post on Cougarguard about it. Which you and your fellow yewtards are getting your gstrings in a knot about.

Not to pick at nits or anything, but I'd think you'd find your attempts at smack would be much better if you didn't perpetually sound like a sixth grader who mistakenly found his way into a strip club.

NorCal Cat 11-12-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 149146)
Plain and simple: Divine Intervention saved us from Whittingham. Hallelujah!!!

Amen brother! Praise the Lord!

OrangeUte 11-12-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 149144)
I don't know. Does it matter? It fits the known information better than the "outbid" theory and was told by one who would know what really happened.

not really that it matters, but if the authorities aren't in town, and there is still the chance of a higher offer from the other bidder, and nothing is in writing, it seems to me that you're more in a position of negotiation than of merely reducing it to writing.

also, i don't buy your clandestine version of events. that there was ongoing negotiations seems more reasonable than that kwhit made an agreement on actual terms and while it was being prepared came back to ask for more money.

nikuman 11-12-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 149148)
You don't do a lot of employment work do you?

Do you?

I've been involved with some, but only as it relates to larger deals in general. The general point remains, though: until it's in writing, I don't consider the deal done, and therefore I have no problem with Kyle walking out for more money. He's self-interested, and if you (a generic you - not you personally) don't allow for that in negotiations when another offer comes up and before you have his signature, you're not being realistic. I do not deny that his actions had at least the potential for bad blood, although I don't know if any exists or not.