cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other College Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Alta v. Layton in the 5A Championship Game (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13738)

RockyBalboa 11-12-2007 06:25 AM

Alta will win.

Derek Keller and Jefferson Court are damn good.

I'm surprised they both don't have more D-I offers. Especially Court. I know BYU is talking to Court, but am not sure if they've offered him yet.

A lot of it probably depends on whether Uona Kaveinga commits to Bronco or not.

il Padrino Ute 11-12-2007 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYUruss (Post 148963)
I knew you'd respond within a few minutes. LOL.

Notice you responded more quickly.

Give it up.

No more merciful onside kicks on my part.

You lose.

il Padrino Ute 11-12-2007 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 148983)
Alta will win.

Derek Keller and Jefferson Court are damn good.

I'm surprised they both don't have more D-I offers. Especially Court. I know BYU is talking to Court, but am not sure if they've offered him yet.

A lot of it probably depends on whether Uona Kaveinga commits to Bronco or not.

Court is a terrific LB and the two Andersons are solid as well. Court is the best of the group and I'm sure he'll end up somewhere playing college ball.

I don't know how good Layton is, but this Alta team is playing extremely well right now.

BYUruss 11-12-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 148984)
Notice you responded more quickly.

Give it up.

No more merciful onside kicks on my part.

You lose.

Were we in some kind of contest? You're right, I can't keep up with your nearly 8,000 posts.

TheSizzle36 11-13-2007 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 148985)
Court is a terrific LB and the two Andersons are solid as well. Court is the best of the group and I'm sure he'll end up somewhere playing college ball.

I don't know how good Layton is, but this Alta team is playing extremely well right now.

Layton is a very scrappy team. They play tough, hardnosed defense and have a kid at QB in Gavin Green who is the typical HS stud athlete that won't go on to play D1 because of a lack of size. Their best D1 prospect is probably the Putnam kid who plays WR and Safety. He has pretty good size for a HS WR and solid hands. He likes the jump ball and is the type of receiver who knows how to adjust on the fly and bring it down. They also have two pretty solid RBs whose names are slipping my mind right now.

Layton's real strength is their defense as they aren't afraid to hit anybody.

Layton has a lot of heart. They have a great coach in Bachelor who, from the mouths of a few kids who played for him at Davis when they won state in 2005, was the real guy behind their success.

Atla will be a tough team to beat, but I don't expect Layton to back down. I'm excited for the game this week as I don't think you make it to the State Championship game and expect to lost. I know Alta will be favored, and they should be, but I wouldn't count Layton out either.

Lancers win 28-27 in one hell of a game. :)

il Padrino Ute 11-13-2007 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 149471)
Layton is a very scrappy team. They play tough, hardnosed defense and have a kid at QB in Gavin Green who is the typical HS stud athlete that won't go on to play D1 because of a lack of size. Their best D1 prospect is probably the Putnam kid who plays WR and Safety. He has pretty good size for a HS WR and solid hands. He likes the jump ball and is the type of receiver who knows how to adjust on the fly and bring it down. They also have two pretty solid RBs whose names are slipping my mind right now.

Layton's real strength is their defense as they aren't afraid to hit anybody.

Layton has a lot of heart. They have a great coach in Bachelor who, from the mouths of a few kids who played for him at Davis when they won state in 2005, was the real guy behind their success.

Atla will be a tough team to beat, but I don't expect Layton to back down. I'm excited for the game this week as I don't think you make it to the State Championship game and expect to lost. I know Alta will be favored, and they should be, but I wouldn't count Layton out either.

Lancers win 28-27 in one hell of a game. :)

I've talked to a few 5A coaches that I know in the last few days and their opinion is that Layton is a heckuva team. The Lancers only loss was their first game? Layton is a great team.

I've also hear that they're similar to Alta in that they don't have overwhelming size, but lots of speed. It will be a fun game.

The offer still stands if you can make it.

il Padrino Ute 11-13-2007 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYUruss (Post 149467)
Were we in some kind of contest? You're right, I can't keep up with your nearly 8,000 posts.

I thought we were, as you seemed to keep challenging me.

TheSizzle36 11-13-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 149528)
I've talked to a few 5A coaches that I know in the last few days and their opinion is that Layton is a heckuva team. The Lancers only loss was their first game? Layton is a great team.

I've also hear that they're similar to Alta in that they don't have overwhelming size, but lots of speed. It will be a fun game.

The offer still stands if you can make it.

Layton's only loss was their first game against Jordan I want to say, and it was a close one.

Not a whole lot of size, but like I said they aren't afraid to hit people. I'm going to try and make it, but I've came down with something awful the last few days, so we'll see.

smokymountainrain 11-14-2007 03:33 PM

Layton wins a low scoring game...17-7.

il Padrino Ute 11-18-2007 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokymountainrain (Post 150375)
Layton wins a low scoring game...17-7.

You almost got it right.