cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Robin Williams should be kicked in the groin at least 500 times for his crimes (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9679)

Archaea 07-05-2007 11:47 PM

I must compliment Jeff on his tenacity and endurance.

I got Tex to renounce torture.

And I got mindful to admit her leaders could make mistakes.

Small blessings every day.

Jeff Lebowski 07-06-2007 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 98076)
I did too and I am fearful that your long running argument with Tex has made you pucker a little too tightly, if you know what I mean.

Trust me, that post was meant purely tongue-in-cheek. But I am on a smiley-face boycott.

My Tex debate is perplexing. I want to stop, but for some reason I just can't.

creekster 07-06-2007 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 98090)
Trust me, that post was meant purely tongue-in-cheek. But I am on a smiley-face boycott.

My Tex debate is perplexing. I want to stop, but for some reason I just can't.

It's like that joke Woody Allen tells at the end of Annie Hall where he tells his psyciatrist that he needs help becasue his brother thinks he's a chicken. The Doc says "rbing your brother in and let me help him: and the guy says "I'd love to Doc, but I need the eggs."

DrumNFeather 07-06-2007 12:10 PM

So, here's my question...

is it ALL Robin Williams movies? Or is it the stupid ones he does like RV, Death to Smoochy, Toy etc?

I think he's done some pretty decent movies...Good Will Hunting, Patch Adams, and he actually makes for a decent villian in those few horror flicks that he's done.

I can be on board with disliking some of his movies, but not all.

And if you're going to do that...you need to lump in Eddie Murphy as well...because for every Golden Child and Dream Girls, there is a Norbit and a Haunted Mansion.

jay santos 07-06-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 98237)
So, here's my question...

is it ALL Robin Williams movies? Or is it the stupid ones he does like RV, Death to Smoochy, Toy etc?

I think he's done some pretty decent movies...Good Will Hunting, Patch Adams, and he actually makes for a decent villian in those few horror flicks that he's done.

I can be on board with disliking some of his movies, but not all.

And if you're going to do that...you need to lump in Eddie Murphy as well...because for every Golden Child and Dream Girls, there is a Norbit and a Haunted Mansion.

We've been through this before. I hate his comedy. I actually generally like him as a dramatic actor. And loved him in What Dreams May Come.

cougjunkie 07-06-2007 03:14 PM

What dreams may come might be the gayest movie ever.

The photo movie he was in was pretty cracked out.

Patch Adams i actually really liked.

Eddie Murphy has not made a good movie in at least 10 years.

RC Vikings 07-06-2007 03:18 PM

The wife dragged me to "Licence to Wed" the other day, it was brutally bad.

DrumNFeather 07-06-2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 98289)
The wife dragged me to "Licence to Wed" the other day, it was brutally bad.

Very predictable...It was like meet the parents, but with a Priest instead of a Father in Law.

The movie had funny parts, but most of them can be seen in the previews.

jay santos 07-06-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 98286)
What dreams may come might be the gayest movie ever.

Sometimes the most heterosexual thing you can do is admit you like gay entertainment time to time.

TheSizzle36 07-07-2007 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 98286)
Eddie Murphy has not made a good movie in at least 10 years.

I disagree. You forget Eddie Murphy was in Shrek 1 and 2, and he was somewhat funny in those movies.

And don't forget iSpy. While nowhere near the level of Beverly Hills Cop, iSpy teaming up with Owen Wilson was highly under-rated. The "Sexual Healing" scene is absolutely hilarious.