cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   4th of July least favorite holiday (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20652)

RockyBalboa 07-04-2008 12:03 AM

I'm just the opposite. It's my favorite holiday.

MikeWaters 07-04-2008 12:14 AM

thanksgiving, closely followed by flag day for me.

YOhio 07-04-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 237950)
GASP! You take that back, you - you - you --- Ute!!

Sorry about that. I just realized the moniker Flash would be more appropriately applied to you.

BarbaraGordon 07-04-2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 237983)
Sorry about that. I just realized the moniker Flash would be more appropriately applied to you.

Y, your wardrobe-malfunction envy is showing and it ain't pretty.
tsk tsk.

Archaea 07-04-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 238003)
Y, your wardrobe-malfunction envy is showing and it ain't pretty.
tsk tsk.

You should have seen Y during and after the Super Bowl, he refused to let up on poor, innocent Janet.

Runner Coug 07-04-2008 04:16 AM

I love the 4th. In addition to the obvious great things about it, it's also one of the few times every year that entire communities get together. Our city puts on a huge carnival, plus a parade, rodeo, and a couple of softball tournaments. It's a blast. My wife and two of the kids went to the parade tonight and me and the other two went and watched softball. It's what summer is all about.

Venkman 07-04-2008 04:52 AM

The only thing I love more than 'Merica is Jesus (well, and my wife and kids, of course). So after Christmas, Independence Day is my second favorite holiday. I love the flag, the heat, the parades, the BBQ, Fireworks, Sousa, Greenwood, fetchin' everything. A real special treat for the family is when I play the SSB on the piano and belt out all four verses. The 3rd verse is especially rousing, the one that glories in kicking some limey ass.

Indy Coug 07-04-2008 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 237940)
In other words: help desk.

Do you use an Indian accent?

We had a big project outsourced to Indian programmers and we fired their sorry, incompetent asses and ended up finishing it in house instead.

BarbaraGordon 07-04-2008 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 238034)
We had a big project outsourced to Indian programmers and we fired their sorry, incompetent asses and ended up finishing it in house instead.

My husband's company did the same thing. They've scaled wayy back on outsourcing. They found it was costing more money to pay in-house people to clean up the software messes left by the outsourcers than it would just to pay the in-house guys to do the job properly to begin with.

ERCougar 07-04-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 237933)
Are you kidding?! That's the worst part of the holiday! What was the first guy thinking when he thought "Proud to be an American" was a good background song for fireworks? And now we're tortured with it annually? Ack! Where's 1812 when you need it...

Sincerely,
Michelle Obama
;)

Sorry for the cheapshot. I'm kind of pissed at him right now.