cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I really have zero respect for Islam (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9603)

NorCal Cat 07-03-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueHair (Post 97098)
The Muslims that would murder are extremists much like the Aryans are Christian extremists.

I don't know if they are only the "extremists" or not, but 25% of young male American muslims in that poll released a couple of weeks ago said suicide bombings killing innocent civillians are justified. Extremists or not, that is too many.

YOhio 07-03-2007 10:31 PM

If Islam would speak out against the extremists as vigorously as they protest Western misunderstanding of their faith, I would be more sympathetic. Where is the moderate voice of Islam railing against extremism?

Mindfulcoug 07-03-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 97095)
Show me one Islamic nation that allows proselyting by Christians.

Here's the challenge. If Islam is so true, can't it withstand the proselyting of Christians?

If Christianity were so false, wouldn't Muslims be able to see it, so as not to have to resort to violence and murder?

Murder of Coptics in Egypt does occur, my friend. I have many Coptic friends who have left Egypt for that very reason. We even have Egyptian converts in my church congregation who discuss the religious intolerance of Egypt.

Turkey is probably the most tolerant, well know, a non-Arabic, non-Persian is the most tolerant, Indonesia, but outside of that no Muslim nation allows proselyting by Christians. We would allow proselyting by Muslims, why are the Muslims afraid?

muslims dont fear of any other religion rather they respect and honor them ,but you might notice that islamic leaders have the responsibility of protecting people ,physically and spiritually ..yet they always embrace new insights .so for import religion they need to investigate the box at first place .so you would have to deal with islamic schalors and infrom them about your worthy practicing ideas. its the only step you would have to take to go forward to reach out the peopole .fair enough ,right?

MikeWaters 07-03-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 97115)
If Islam would speak out against the extremists as vigorously as they protest Western misunderstanding of their faith, I would be more sympathetic. Where is the moderate voice of Islam railing against extremism?

Where are the demonstrations in every capital in Europe by Muslims when a Muslim does something terrible?

But by golly, if someone publishes an offensive cartoon, the world must burn.

There are many wonderful people among Muslims. I wish they would embrace plurality. That old saying "live and let live."

Why choose death?

MikeWaters 07-03-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 97123)
muslims dont fear of any other religion rather they respect and honor them ,but you might notice that islamic leaders have the responsibility of protecting people ,physically and spiritually ..yet they always embrace new insights .so for import religion they need to investigate the box at first place .so you would have to deal with islamic schalors and infrom them about your worthy practicing ideas. its the only step you would have to take to go forward to reach out the peopole .fair enough ,right?

No, it is not fair. It is stupid. We want to talk to your college students, not your mullahs.

Mindfulcoug 07-03-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 97115)

becuase moderate voice of islam draw low attention ,while extremists voice are heard every where even they are making an extremely small portion of a one and half billion muslims..guess why?

Brian 07-03-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 97071)
Did you ever ask her about her concept of religious freedom?

You might be surprised at what she said.

Yes. I wish I could, but I don't work with her anymore. -This was when I lived in Atlanta.
We had several religious discussions and she was genuinely interested in learning about Mormonism, but I never asked her that question.

BlueHair 07-03-2007 10:44 PM

They probably see us "Christians" occupying their lands, using our power to get cheap oil, and killing their people by the thousands. Maybe if if our Christian nation set a better example, they would welcome us in at some point. If we were in their shoes, I doubt we would want to convert either.

Archaea 07-03-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 97135)
becuase moderate voice of islam draw low attention ,while extremists voice are heard every where even they are making an extremely small portion of a one and half billion muslims..guess why?

How are moderate views even allowed to speak in Iran?

The image of Islam is that of a cavedwelling madman in Pakistan, willing to kill at the slightest movement without provocation.

It is not the image of the peaceful Al-Ghazali, preaching spiritual refinement to meet God.

Moderates will be overrun by radicals if moderates don't become more active.

Mindfulcoug 07-03-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 97125)
No, it is not fair. It is stupid. We want to talk to your college students, not your mullahs.

okay ,it makes no difference.
ironically we have the exact word "mullah" with the exact pronounciation here in farsi :) except it has a very positive connotation in here
not many slamic scholars deserve to be called mullah though..
Roomy ,Abi Sina ...are among who we tend to call them mullah
and you better calm down..we are just talking ..if you hate to hear me in here , i could leave .