cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If the Savior were casting a vote on Prop 8 (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24263)

il Padrino Ute 11-03-2008 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 288510)
I think there may be some confusion as the result of my earlier comment.

I didn't mean for that comment to be public. I prefer that my political opinions remain private.

I love the Church and I love my wife.

Thank you.

It's ok. You're amongst friends.

Cali Coug 11-03-2008 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 288502)
not sure that would be enough. He would need an in-state address to register to vote.

Also, if he drove up now, it is too late to register to vote for this Tuesday.

There are other indicia of state nexus.....utility bills, drivers license, phone book.......in your hypo, does jesus appear in a california phone book anywhere? Is his number listed? If so, then he would likely be eligible to vote for Prop 8.

Plus, he would have to find a way to avoid ICE, as exie would almost certainly alert them that an illegal alien was attempting to vote in an election.

My guess: he would draw a ballot in the sand with his feet, letting it blow away with the wind.

RC Vikings 11-03-2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 288467)
Based on what Ohbama has said about Palestinians vs. Jews, you sure he would vote Dem. Wouldn't it be thwarting his plan as well to slaughter millions under the banner of 'choice'.

Personally I don't understand the Jewish vote being in the democratic corner every time. The Republicans have been more pro Israel then the demos and I'm not sure if this is a stereotype or fact but all of the Jewish people I deal with at work have some coin which I would think would have them leaning more Republican.

Grigor 11-03-2008 04:01 AM

Hmm... if the Savior was on the Earth I think he would have much more important things to do.

il Padrino Ute 11-03-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 288520)
Personally I don't understand the Jewish vote being in the democratic corner every time. The Republicans have been more pro Israel then the demos and I'm not sure if this is a stereotype or fact but all of the Jewish people I deal with at work have some coin which I would think would have them leaning more Republican.

Jews aren't Christians and therefore are not a part of the religious right.

exUte 11-03-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 288505)
So, you're hinting that he would support it, eh?

That's certainly DDD's stance. And President Monson is wrong. That must be an interesting discussion between the Savior and Pres. Monson.

TripletDaddy 11-03-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 288688)
That's certainly DDD's stance. And President Monson is wrong. That must be an interesting discussion between the Savior and Pres. Monson.

My stance is that neither the Savior nor Pres Monson get to vote on Prop 8 because they are not residents of California. What is so hard to understand about that? It is a dumb hypo. If the Savior believes that we are to obey the laws of the land, are you suggesting that he would commit voter fraud simply to vote on Prop 8? The thought makes reason stare!

exUte 11-03-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 288697)
My stance is that neither the Savior nor Pres Monson get to vote on Prop 8 because they are not residents of California. What is so hard to understand about that? It is a dumb hypo. If the Savior believes that we are to obey the laws of the land, are you suggesting that he would commit voter fraud simply to vote on Prop 8? The thought makes reason stare!

So now you're suggesting that Pres Monson would vote against it as well? Is that part of your hypo?

LOL

TripletDaddy 11-03-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 288702)
So now you're suggesting that Pres Monson would vote against it as well? Is that part of your hypo?

LOL

I am suggesting that he cannot vote on it at all, since he is not a resident of California. It isn't my fault your hypo makes no sense.

non sequitur 11-03-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 288702)

LOL

I honestly think Jesus would would vote No on Prop 8 (and when I refer to Jesus, I am of course referring to the Jesus of the New Testament -- not the Mormon Jesus). In your world, if Jesus came back he'd be a gun-toting, corporate-loving, neo-con hack, wearing a Brooks Brothers suit and driving an Escalade. You should look into Christianity. I think you'd like it.