cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hi I'm K-dog (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13374)

K-dog 10-30-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 143843)
When I used to go to CB more often you used to tell me you were my very best friend.

Welcome.

I used the term very loosely.

creekster 10-30-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 143846)
I used the term very loosely.

I take what I can get.

Welcome anyway.

WendyCoug 11-07-2007 02:48 AM

My buddy and me used to climb up a tree.

This is totally adorable, like LDS sports geek online reunion. I actually teared up a little over the very best friend thing.
I don't know you, K-Dog, but hi.

SeattleUte 11-07-2007 03:36 PM

I knew we hit the big time when we got K-Dog. He's like the Muhammad Ali of posters. That POS Jefe should be worried.

K-dog 11-07-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147087)
I knew we hit the big time when we got K-Dog. He's like the Muhammad Ali of posters. That POS Jefe should be worried.

LOL. The question is, which Muhammad Ali am I, the one that can't talk and has hands shaking or the one standing over his fallen opponent challenging him to get up and take his wuppin' like a man?

K-dog 11-07-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147087)

Jefe shouldn't have let his minions suspend me. They need to follow their own rules and you shouldn't suspend someone against your own rules.

TripletDaddy 11-07-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 147171)
Jefe shouldn't have let his minions suspend me. They need to follow their own rules and you shouldn't suspend someone against your own rules.

What did you do to get suspended?

K-dog 11-07-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 147177)
What did you do to get suspended?

I asked the board if anyone could confirm that Julie Beck had fought depression. I was told that she had but I didn't believe it and said as much in my post. they deemed my post to fall under rumormongering or some such thing even though it wasn't prohibited by the rules. Jefe admitted it wasn't permitted by the rules. I've posted on CB one time since.

TripletDaddy 11-07-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 147180)
I asked the board if anyone could confirm that Julie Beck had fought depression. I was told that she had but I didn't believe it and said as much in my post. they deemed my post to fall under rumormongering or some such thing even though it wasn't prohibited by the rules. Jefe admitted it wasn't permitted by the rules. I've posted on CB one time since.

There are lots of made up rules, I thought it wasnt a secret. I was once suspended for "trying to annoy the mods," which clearly is not a rule. Complaining about the mods is against the rules, but I wasnt complaining at all. I didnt even mention a mod.

The suspension was repealed, though, so I have seen them to be open to reason. My observation is that if you (generic you, not specifically you) argue or get uppity in the appeal, the appeal is dead. If you tactfully admit you were wrong, you have some wiggle room. On violations that are not really codified rules, I have no idea where that one goes. BDB is a rules committee member person, maybe she can add insight.

SeattleUte 11-07-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 147171)

That's how it always works in authoritarian regimes. I bet Jefe has a nice dacha somewhere paid for by the sweat of the CB masses, including the ones he's exterminated.