cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Was Archaea being dense or immature? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8378)

JohnnyLingo 05-16-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 82422)
No substantive one, just attacks and style points, for which you received deductions from the East German and Soviet judges.

No, I've made plenty of contributions devoid of attacks and "style points" (whatever those are).

You just choose to ignore them.

SoCalCoug 05-16-2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 82423)
No, I've made plenty of contributions devoid of attacks and "style points" (whatever those are).

You just choose to ignore them.

Can you direct us to some of them? I seem to remember asking you this before, and I didn't receive a response.

JohnnyLingo 05-16-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalCoug (Post 82426)
Can you direct us to some of them? I seem to remember asking you this before, and I didn't receive a response.

You know how the search feature works, don't you?

Don't get lazy on me, SoCal. I am not your mother.

SoCalCoug 05-16-2007 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 82428)
You know how the search feature works, don't you?

Don't get lazy on me, SoCal. I am not your mother.

I did a search for all JohnnyLingo posts with "intelligence" and "coherence" and it came up empty.

JohnnyLingo 05-16-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalCoug (Post 82431)
I did a search for all JohnnyLingo posts with "intelligence" and "coherence" and it came up empty.

I award you ten points for effort.

All-American 05-16-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 82407)
Perhaps, Mr. Lingo, but in general we do at least aim for civility and substance-based discourse. We await your contribution in that regard.

Wow. High five.

JohnnyLingo 05-16-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-American (Post 82434)
Wow. High five.

Odd.

I was unaware that every single one of the 600+ posts I've made here were uncivil and completely devoid of substance.

But I suppose being the one to figure that out deserves a high five. Maybe even two.

Archaea 05-16-2007 11:15 PM

We await a substantive comment which was not a hidden or direct insult. You may be able to find one, because I can't imagine somebody could post 600 times without substance, but it may be possible.

Once you find it, we would enjoy seeing the effort duplicated.

creekster 05-16-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 82419)
See, Ohio? Simple question, simple answer.

I've made plenty of contributions to the board.

You've made a few. I seem to recall a few sports posts. The point really isn't whether you are absolutely lacking in substantive contribution. It is why are you so obssessed with whether this board or its members are honest, or hypocritical, etc.? Just like we get that SU is a non-believer, we also get that you have a low opinion of certain aspects of this place. We really get it. We just don't care that you think this. Wwhy do you persist in discussing it? If you continue, you will only find yourself marginalized and either officially or unofficially ignored.

JohnnyLingo 05-16-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 82455)
You've made a few. I seem to recall a few sports posts. The point really isn't whether you are absolutely lacking in substantive contribution. It is why are you so obssessed with whether this board or its members are honest, or hypocritical, etc.? Just like we get that SU is a non-believer, we also get that you have a low opinion of certain aspects of this place. We really get it. We just don't care that you think this. Wwhy do you persist in discussing it? If you continue, you will only find yourself marginalized and either officially or unofficially ignored.

I guess it's a pet peeve of mine... those who claim to be one thing but are in fact another.

That's why I don't have a problem with Robin. He doesn't believe in the teachings of the Church and he makes no bones about it. I can respect that... he's not pretending to be what he isn't. I even respect SU for being consistent.

People who claim to be open-minded and accepting of other views and are not bother me.

People who claim to be good members of the Church, but are incapable of saying anything good about it and spend their entire time poking holes in every doctrine they disagree with bug me.

I suppose I should work on being less judgmental. :)