cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nice win Utes... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24490)

DrumNFeather 11-07-2008 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 291574)
some will point to TCU choking.

I simply point to the scoreboard.

*doffs his cap to the Utes*

A win is a win.

That's all they're saying on CB.

Time to start a Kyle Obamaham campaign. YES WE CAN!

YOhio 11-07-2008 03:53 AM

Congrats Ute fans! I am thrilled that our Cougs will likely have the opportunity to ruin your undefeated season and share the title with you!

TripletDaddy 11-07-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 291581)
That's all they're saying on CB.

Time to start a Kyle Obamaham campaign. YES WE CAN!

well, any analysis has to include uncharacteristic FG doinks.

However, to say that the Utes won because TCU missed the FGs is just sour grapes.

The Utes stayed poised down the stretch and made BIG plays when they needed to make them.

And like I said, nobody cares the hows and the whys. All that matters for Utah is that they are 10-0. I am sure every game has an interesting backstory to it.

As BG pointed out, once you are 10-0 in any conference, you have accomplished something pretty special.

If BYU can manage to stave off an Aztec onslaught and then de-talon the Falcons, Nov 22 is going to basically ROCK.

Anyone have an extra ticket?

DrumNFeather 11-07-2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 291588)
well, any analysis has to include uncharacteristic FG doinks.

However, to say that the Utes won because TCU missed the FGs is just sour grapes.

The Utes stayed poised down the stretch and made BIG plays when they needed to make them.

And like I said, nobody cares the hows and the whys. All that matters for Utah is that they are 10-0. I am sure every game has an interesting backstory to it.

As BG pointed out, once you are 10-0 in any conference, you have accomplished something pretty special.

If BYU can manage to stave off an Aztec onslaught and then de-talon the Falcons, Nov 22 is going to basically ROCK.

Good thoughts. A 10 win season is great no matter how you slice it. I had one goal for the Utes going into this season...to play meaningful games in November. At 6-0 in conference play, all four November games have and will be meaningful.

Should be a fun stretch here...can't believe it's almost over already.

BarbaraGordon 11-07-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 291588)

I want to see this holy war thing someday. Looks like this year's game should be pretty sweet with so much on the line.

TripletDaddy 11-07-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 291591)
Good thoughts. A 10 win season is great no matter how you slice it. I had one goal for the Utes going into this season...to play meaningful games in November. At 6-0 in conference play, all four November games have and will be meaningful.

Should be a fun stretch here...can't believe it's almost over already.

The funny thing about BYU's situation.....the expectations were so sky high going into this season that the manic fanbase is jumping off the ledge....and we are 8-1, likely 9-1 after Saturday!

I don't care how the media slices it, right now, the state of Utah is figuring out how to win football games. How many other states have 2 teams ranked Top 15?

The Utah win tonight makes it WAY more interesting now. If TCU had won, the race would have been over. As it stands, it looks like it just got started.

ute4ever 11-07-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottie (Post 291540)
great time for the TCU kicker to become terrible.

Utah is lucky that he Kaneshiro'd two field goals; while TCU is lucky that Sean Smith dropped a pick in the end zone. It all evens out.

BarbaraGordon 11-07-2008 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripletdaddy (Post 291596)
how many other states have 2 teams ranked top 15?

lol!!!

You're hilarious.

DrumNFeather 11-07-2008 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 291596)
The funny thing about BYU's situation.....the expectations were so sky high going into this season that the manic fanbase is jumping off the ledge....and we are 8-1, likely 9-1 after Saturday!

I don't care how the media slices it, right now, the state of Utah is figuring out how to win football games. How many other states have 2 teams ranked Top 15?

The Utah win tonight makes it WAY more interesting now. If TCU had won, the race would have been over. As it stands, it looks like it just got started.

I'm sure babs will argue that Texas and Oklahoma both have two teams in the top 15...but your point stands. Two teams from the MWC and a third with two losses to #8 and #4.

BarbaraGordon 11-07-2008 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 291601)
I'm sure babs will argue that Texas and Oklahoma both have two teams in the top 15...but your point stands. Two teams from the MWC and a third with two losses to #8 and #4.

She might even argue that Texas and Oklahoma each have two teams in the top ten.