cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   On the VP debate .... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23217)

Jeff Lebowski 10-03-2008 04:13 PM

I also found her response to the question on Israel to be appalling. She showed little nuance or depth of understanding on any of the foreign policy issues. Lots of superficial answers crammed with key phrases and buzz words.

SeattleUte 10-03-2008 04:13 PM

I predict the debate was a turning point for her personally. She did well enough to silence all the talk about her being a ditz. She got the job done.

Tex 10-03-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 274036)
I also found her response to the question on Israel to be appalling. She showed little nuance or depth of understanding on any of the foreign policy issues. Lots of superficial answers crammed with key phrases and buzz words.

You also thought she got her "ass kicked" so I'm not sure I give your take a lot of credence.

PS. They were speaking in 90-second soundbites.

Jeff Lebowski 10-03-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 274026)
I hope that Palin wins for no other reason than so that you can continue to maintain your sense of superiority in nucLEAR proliferation.

Doggoneit Tex. There ya go agin. I don't know about you guys, but me and some other folks think being smart and stuff is impor'nt for a candidate. You betcha.

Tex 10-03-2008 04:19 PM

One thing I learned last night: I trust Biden more than Obama with the presidency. Biden seemed to almost sense this when he reassured, "I'll be right there in the room with him on every decision."

Biden is an idiot, but does occasionally pretend to be an adult on some issues, and if I had to stomach a Dem in office, he could potentially be one of them.

Obama is just a state senator who stuck "US Senator" on his business card.

Jeff Lebowski 10-03-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 274045)
PS. They were speaking in 90-second soundbites.

Copout. 90 seconds is plenty of time to show a little evidence of understanding. She failed miserably.

Tex 10-03-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 274046)
Doggoneit Tex. There ya go agin. I don't know about you guys, but me and some other folks think being smart and stuff is impor'nt for a candidate. You betcha.

It's fortunate that others don't judge you by your own standard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 274053)
Copout. 90 seconds is plenty of time to show a little evidence of understanding. She failed miserably.

As I said, your opinion is in the fringe minority.

Jeff Lebowski 10-03-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 274055)
As I said, your opinion is in the fringe minority.

lol. Sure.

"Nearer, my God to thee...."

Tex 10-03-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 274061)
lol. Sure.

"Nearer, my God to thee...."

Most people today on both sides (except Obamamoonies) feel like she did very well, whether they agree with her opinions or not. You're welcome to your opinion of course, but it's not my fault it's in the extreme.

TripletDaddy 10-03-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 274065)
Most people today on both sides (except Obamamoonies) feel like she did very well, whether they agree with her opinions or not.

LOL.

Gullibility strikes again.