cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Free Disneyland admission on your 2009 birthday (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22778)

marsupial 09-24-2008 02:28 PM

I told my son, who was born on a federal holiday that danimal always has off, that it would be fun to go to Disney World as a family for his birthday next year. His response, "I don't want to go to stupid Disney World."

So much for that.

TripletDaddy 09-24-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 269049)
I told my son, who was born on a federal holiday that danimal always has off, that it would be fun to go to Disney World as a family for his birthday next year. His response, "I don't want to go to stupid Disney World."

So much for that.

I have been in Orlando since Sunday night and am finally going home today.

I agree with your son. Orlando sucks. And Disney World is weak.

He would likely enjoy Disneyland more.

Surfah 09-24-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 269067)
I have been in Orlando since Sunday night and am finally going home today.

I agree with your son. Orlando sucks. And Disney World is weak.

He would likely enjoy Disneyland more.

Orlando does suck. I've never done Disney World, but I did do the Universal Theme Park there. It was okay. But I also grew up with Disneyland and a season pass to Magic Mountain.

Gidget loved Disney World. I am tired of giving Disney my money with every new release out of the vault.

mpfunk 09-24-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennerstein (Post 269022)
Our company just had its company picnic at Disneyland. About every two years, we get together in Sept. The company will purchase tickets for your spouse (or same gender equivalent) and all dependents under 25. Each guest gets $15 of Disney Dollars to spend in the park. Oh and they give you a parking pass too and free hats with the company logo on it.

A nifty side benefit is that you can cash the ticket in for credit towards an annual pass. Essentially, it's like buying the cheapest annual pass for $70, which is a steal.

My friend and I ran around the park most of the day, leaving on occasion to get food or run errands back in Irvine. It's amazing how much more fun Disneyland is when you don't have to pay a dme.

Incidentally, I went on Toy Story Mania two times. That game is one of the best rides out of both parks. I suck at it terribly, scored in the low 100k.

I still don't know if that is cheap enough to make me want to go to Disneyland.

il Padrino Ute 09-25-2008 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 269049)

So much for that.

Your son is awesome. At his tender age, he already knows how much money it costs, despite his free admission.

You have the makings of a terrific cheapskate. Be proud.