cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home Improvement and Real Estate (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Sod Party (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18977)

bYuPride 04-30-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 215273)
I would love to go, but the price of gas is too high.

I appreciate your willingness to help though.

il Padrino Ute 04-30-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 215555)
Just show up Saturday evening for the BBQ. Then you can just enjoy the finished product, however awful it may look.

You sure? Friday is the night I have no kids' sports going on.

If you'd rather, I'll bring the Cokes from Sunburst and watch you do it by yourself.

Tex 04-30-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 215232)
Sod off.

Possibly my most favorite explicative ever.

bYuPride 04-30-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 215595)
You sure? Friday is the night I have no kids' sports going on.

If you'd rather, I'll bring the Cokes from Sunburst and watch you do it by yourself.

Stop by Friday! Honestly, I'd feel more comfortable with you just hanging out and I can show you the TV rather than working in my yard... and that Sunburst place seems like a rip off.. their gas is always 10 cents higher than everyone else it seems.. plus the owner always speaks to his son in their Mediterranean language or wherever they are from right in front of me which I bothers me for some reason..

The_Tick 04-30-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 215720)
plus the owner always speaks to his son in their Mediterranean language or wherever they are from right in front of me which I bothers me for some reason..

Because they are talking about you getting screwed on the price of something. It should bother you.

bYuPride 04-30-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Tick (Post 215738)
Because they are talking about you getting screwed on the price of something. It should bother you.

i knew that 2 gallon gas can wasn't $50!

il Padrino Ute 04-30-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 215720)
Stop by Friday! Honestly, I'd feel more comfortable with you just hanging out and I can show you the TV rather than working in my yard... and that Sunburst place seems like a rip off.. their gas is always 10 cents higher than everyone else it seems.. plus the owner always speaks to his son in their Mediterranean language or wherever they are from right in front of me which I bothers me for some reason..

Ok, I'll stop by Friday.

They really aren't bad folks at Sunburst. They're nice people and have quite the story about coming to this country. The dad is a dad of the a couple of the kids that work there, but he is also the oldest brother of 5. The father of the family was killed one of the many terrorist attacks in Lebanon back in the late 70s/early 80s. So the oldest son decided that it would be in their best interest to move here and they eventually all came to Salt Lake over the course of 20 or so years. They're all pretty devout Muslims and are embarrassed by the terrorist groups.

bYuPride 05-01-2008 05:07 PM

holy shiz! that's a lot of sod... i just had the sod delivered.. 6 pallets or however you spell it. I'm renting a skidsteer loader and am hoping to get it all done by 3pm on Saturday. my woman is graduating from the univ. of utah on friday and i'm throwing her a BBQ for our family and friends Saturday night..

so here's the plan. it's snowing pretty hard right now, but hopefully by the time i get home from work this evening it won't be snowing too bad.. i'm going to pull out as many roots, dirt, stumps, trees etc, that i can and then friday late morning pick up the skidsteer and get all the stuff that would take too long by hand.. i hope to have it all prepped by friday night by 5. start laying sod until dark and lay the rest down Saturday morning.

wish me luck. i'm going to need it.