cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Break up the Warriors... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17596)

UteStar 03-14-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 198110)
Even though they LOST, they still LOST playing EXCITING BASKETBALL!!! You know, like how they still LOST to the JAZZ in the PLAYOFFS last year, but all that mattered was this:

http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2007/05...davis3_268.jpg

That is right, EXCITING BASKETBALL... you are all stupid bizzlebiatches if you CAN'T understand that.

I hear you Sizzle, Not only was that an amazing play but it came at the end of the game that was already decided. It was such an amazing dunk that the NBA gave Baron and Golden State a 7-0 lead to start the next game. Too bad, Baron didn't have another dunk like that to help give them more points. They lost the next game and the next one.

Golden State basketball--Not playing defense since 2004!

il Padrino Ute 03-14-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 198110)
Even though they LOST, they still LOST playing EXCITING BASKETBALL!!! You know, like how they still LOST to the JAZZ in the PLAYOFFS last year, but all that mattered was this:

http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2007/05...davis3_268.jpg

That is right, EXCITING BASKETBALL... you are all stupid bizzlebiatches if you CAN'T understand that.

My understanding is that this photo is historic in that it was the first time in the entire existence of basketball at any level that a player jumped high enough to throw the ball down through the hoop.

Sportswriters around the globe have been trying to be the first to coin a term for it and right now there is a pending legal battle between a writer from Uruguay who wants it to be known as a "muy loco gaucho" and a writer from Ethiopia who wants to call it "I'm hungry".

Surfah 03-15-2008 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 198334)
My understanding is that this photo is historic in that it was the first time in the entire existence of basketball at any level that a player jumped high enough to throw the ball down through the hoop.

Sportswriters around the globe have been trying to be the first to coin a term for it and right now there is a pending legal battle between a writer from Uruguay who wants it to be known as a "muy loco gaucho" and a writer from Ethiopia who wants to call it "I'm hungry".

Chick Hearn coined the phrase Slam Dunk. He's responsible for many of the unique sayings you hear in basketball.

il Padrino Ute 03-15-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 198484)
Chick Hearn coined the phrase Slam Dunk. He's responsible for many of the unique sayings you hear in basketball.

I know that - I was just trying to have a bit of fun at NorCal's expense. Sheesh. ;)

TripletDaddy 03-15-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 198484)

Basically almost everything that Hot Rod says he learned from Chick and his time with the Lakers.

Hippety hop, the angle left (or the angle right), yo-yo-ing.....

LA is/was lucky to have the gold standard in both hoops and baseball....Chick and Vin.

il Padrino Ute 03-15-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 198589)
Basically almost everything that Hot Rod says he learned from Chick and his time with the Lakers.

Hippety hop, the angle left (or the angle right), yo-yo-ing.....

LA is/was lucky to have the gold standard in both hoops and baseball....Chick and Vin.

Chick was the best.

Did he teach Hot Rod "A gentle push and a mild arc and the cowhide globe hits home."?

TheSizzle36 03-15-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 198593)
Chick was the best.

Did he teach Hot Rod "A gentle push and a mild arc and the cowhide globe hits home."?

I doubt Chick taught Hot Rod to call Williams "Slick" for the better half of last year. There were a few times when I swear I heard Hot Rod say "Slick Willy takes it strong to the hole".

Apparently Deron Williams didn't appreciate the nick-name and asked Hot Rod to stop using it. Can't exactly say I blame him...

NorCal Cat 03-24-2008 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 198601)
I doubt Chick taught Hot Rod to call Williams "Slick" for the better half of last year. There were a few times when I swear I heard Hot Rod say "Slick Willy takes it strong to the hole".

Apparently Deron Williams didn't appreciate the nick-name and asked Hot Rod to stop using it. Can't exactly say I blame him...

Hot Rod is an idiot.

NorCal Cat 03-24-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 198123)
The Warriors are a bright spot in the glumly world of the NBA. It's the 84-76 games that are killing it.

Finally someone else on this site with a brain.

NorCal Cat 03-24-2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 197434)
They are playing streetball. They are part of the problem contributing to the downfall of the NBA. Also, they will never win a championship playing that garbage streetball.

Contributing to the downfall? That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. I don't know how you came to that conclusion. One of, if not THE most exciting teams in the NBA is contributing to its downfall? Yeah, ok...whatever you say Chief.