cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ran my farthest run this morning (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15839)

bluegoose 01-19-2008 09:47 PM

4:00 in the morning??? On a Saturday???

Can I ask, Why?

bluegoose 01-19-2008 09:48 PM

BTW, great work. I am very impressed. I am lucky to make it 20 minutes on a treadmill.

fuegote 01-19-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 176385)
4:00 in the morning??? On a Saturday???

Can I ask, Why?

That's the time I get up Monday trough Friday so now my body is somewhat trained. I actually woke up before my alarm went off.

My body is also trained to crash about 10:00-10:15 pm.

I will say this, I'm not tired throughout the day anymore. I'm getting up an hour earlier (have been since Dec) and not sleepy at all.

Through running, working out, and eating right, i've gained a testimony of the Word of Wisdom and some of its blessings (I know I sound like a cheese ball, but it's seriously true). I used to drink caffiene throughout the day and was constantly tired (regarldess the caffiene intake)

fuegote 01-19-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 176386)
BTW, great work. I am very impressed. I am lucky to make it 20 minutes on a treadmill.

As long as I don't talk myself into stopping before mile 3 ends, I'm good to go for as long as I want to.

SteelBlue 01-19-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuegote (Post 176402)
(I know I sound like a cheese ball, but it's seriously true).

I know what you're talking about. The first time I did Body for Life it ended up being almost a spiritual experience for me. I felt like I had more discipline over my physical self than I'd ever had in my life. That carried over into many other aspects in life at the time. It was an amazing feeling.

Runner Coug 01-21-2008 04:26 AM

I did an easy 9.5 miles. First half at 9:15/mile pace, second half at 8:50/mile pace. Felt pretty good. It's the longest I've run since my last marathon in Sept.

On a side note, I'm about ready to throw my Nike+ in the trash. It's so far off lately, it's not even worth botering with. Maybe I just need a new one.

SteelBlue 01-21-2008 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 176654)
On a side note, I'm about ready to throw my Nike+ in the trash. It's so far off lately, it's not even worth botering with. Maybe I just need a new one.

I'll bet it's frustrating when you've got the garmin on your wrist. It's always going to be much more accurate. FWIW I ran a 4 mile race on Sat. and at the finish line my distance read 4.04. Pretty darned good for a pedometer.

Garmin should make a site similar to the Nike+ site. I think it'd be a good way to sell more units as those challenges are a lot of fun.

Runner Coug 01-21-2008 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 176659)
Garmin should make a site similar to the Nike+ site. I think it'd be a good way to sell more units as those challenges are a lot of fun.

It would never work, too easy to cheat. It counts miles whether they're on foot, on bike, or in a car.

fuegote 03-04-2008 05:36 PM

I hit my Nike+ 500 mile mark this morning.

bluegoose 03-04-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuegote (Post 193188)
I hit my Nike+ 500 mile mark this morning.

Nice work. It wasn't long ago that we were tied at about 333 miles.

What is your weekly mileage doing these days? Didn't you say that you were going to cut back a little bit? Back on the road yet?