cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mindful, would you mind (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15589)

Mindfulcoug 01-07-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot (Post 170940)
While I can't claim to have experienced the entire range of Persian cuisine, I can say that a meal consisting of Persian kebobs, rice, and grilled tomatoes that I had 8 years ago is still the best meal I've ever had. The guy showed us how to make it and it involved a couple different kinds of ground meat (I think) and a whole bunch of spices and such. Incredible.

They are indeed ! I wish those iranians who flood to fast food joints ,could actually read your message.

Mindfulcoug 01-07-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 171282)
We have a Persian restaurant across the street from my office. It is very good food and seems pretty authentic (of course I really don't know). I think a trip there this week is caleld for.

Meeting many (respectively) iranians who take time to come to the place quite often might be a good sign of authenticity. and also the price ..i would say ,you couldnot have "good" iranian foods for cheap ,but its truly worth it.

Mindfulcoug 01-07-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 171306)
I'll give some of the dishes on the site you posted a try in the next few months.

I hope you enjoy it.feel free to take different maneuvers while cooking if some ingredients were unavailable.

I will later post some delicious ,easy to cook iranian foods ,perfect for kids who hate meat ...kinda tricky.

creekster 01-07-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 171378)
Meeting many (respectively) iranians who take time to come to the place quite often might be a good sign of authenticity. and also the price ..i would say ,you couldnot have "good" iranian foods for cheap ,but its truly worth it.

IT is not cheap but becaseu I am I don't go there that often. It is not unsual for my table of guests to be the only one there that does not speak what I assume is Farsi, so I think its patrons are usually from the middle east. The food is excellent and I wish I had gone there today.

Mindfulcoug 01-07-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 171389)
IT is not cheap but becaseu I am I don't go there that often. It is not unsual for my table of guests to be the only one there that does not speak what I assume is Farsi, so I think its patrons are usually from the middle east. The food is excellent and I wish I had gone there today.

You are not cheap and i wish you had gone there too :)