cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Interesting Ponyboy makes accusations about Ute fans being racists last year (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13673)

il Padrino Ute 11-09-2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 147823)
Also, this hypo is ridiculous.

Nobody would ever be scared of playing BYU for athletic reasons...

*rimshot*

True, that is ridiculous.

The correct assumption is that nobody should be scared of playing BYU for athletic reasons.

SeattleUte 11-09-2007 03:47 AM

I don't like Ponyboy. I endorse any accusation of racism against him, sight unseen. I do know he's a race baiter. I also picture him being one of those self-loathing socially conservative in the closet gays. I mean, come on: "Ponyboy"? He msut be gay. That handle is as gay as "JohnnyLingo."

il Padrino Ute 11-09-2007 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147863)
I don't like Ponyboy. I endorse any accusation of racism against him, sight unseen. I do know he's a race baiter. I also picture him being one of those self-loathing socially conservative in the closet gays. I mean, come on: "Ponyboy"? He msut be gay. That handle is as gay as "JohnnyLingo."

You didn't like The Outsiders? Would Sodapop had been a better board name?

SeattleUte 11-09-2007 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 147865)
You didn't like The Outsiders? Would Sodapop had been a better board name?

You know, I read The Outsiders when I was a kid. But I can't remember any of those names, and I usually have a good memory for stuff I read.

il Padrino Ute 11-09-2007 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147867)
You know, I read The Outsiders when I was a kid. But I can't remember any of those names, and I usually have a good memory for stuff I read.

The story of The Outsiders was told by the character Ponyboy Curtis. A great preteen book, IMO.

TripletDaddy 11-09-2007 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 147868)
The story of The Outsiders was told by the character Ponyboy Curtis. A great preteen book, IMO.

His name has nothing to do with the Outsiders, actually. It has to do with his awkward running style when he played football in highschool. This is true.

JohnnyLingo 11-09-2007 06:08 AM

Nothing gold can stay.

Doesn't Ponyboy shiv/shank (I can never get those right... let's just say stab) a kid in a gang fight? Pretty hardcore if you ask me.

TripletDaddy 11-09-2007 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 147896)
Nothing gold can stay.

Doesn't Ponyboy shiv/shank (I can never get those right... let's just say stab) a kid in a gang fight? Pretty hardcore if you ask me.

No. Johnny had the switchblade. He stabbed the Sosh to death.

Ponyboy went with him on the train to escape. They holed up in that church and ate bologna sandwiches.

A shiv and a shank are the same thing, both blunt tools used for sticking.

il Padrino Ute 11-09-2007 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 147896)
Nothing gold can stay.

It was Johnny who stabbed another kid. Ponyboy just aided him in fleeing from prosecution, unless it was self defense. I don't remember all of it.

cougjunkie 11-09-2007 08:30 AM

Didnt ponyboy (the cb poster) play reciever at BYU? Anyone know who he is?